de_sawmill

Quotingmc

I have a suggestion here. Maybe you want to make the T Spawn a place with connection to a river, on which logs are brought to the facility. Just add in a rather big building with a crane or something. Alternatively I brought you this picture: 

yleiskuva_aluksista.jpg

As if you read my mind. I was talking to @psyrius about how I was going to have a dock to the right of T spawn with logs floating down.

I want the map to have a sense of progression with T being the logs coming in, B being cut and CT being shipped onto trains as planks. A would be a storage yard.

Edited by Quotingmc

• 2 weeks later...

A lots has been happening behind the scenes. decided to go with a night-time setting. here is a quick gif of mid so far:

nlVSq1b.jpg

This reminds me of pl_goldrush for some reason, the second part where the cart finishes the stage under the bridge.

Edited by Smileytopin

Thanks! Hoping to make a youtube video out of the progress shots. For now, some more screens:

Hidden Content

In the second screenshot I noticed, that the reflections on the metal look off. Have you added cubemaps yet ? If not so, do it it's incredibly easy and fast to do and has a imo big impact. 

This map is shaping up quite nicely! From your B shots, I think it needs a bit more light (especially in those near-black corners) and the coffee table could be removed. I think props that just get in the way of movement are always a bad gameplay choice (and people will crucify you for "clutter" over it). Maybe one of the boarded up windows could be partially opened to let some light/a view in?

This map is shaping up quite nicely! From your B shots, I think it needs a bit more light (especially in those near-black corners) and the coffee table could be removed. I think props that just get in the way of movement are always a bad gameplay choice (and people will crucify you for "clutter" over it). Maybe one of the boarded up windows could be partially opened to let some light/a view in?

Thanks for the feedback! I agree on the lighting totally, will make it brighter. I have rearranged the furniture in that area for an easier boost spot so I hope that you prefer the new one. Thanks again for helping me make the map better!