de_sawmill

Quotingmc

Thanks for the feedback, I am planning on redesigning the T side of the map including moving back T spawn as they reach B and A too fast. Will change door texture too :) 

This is just speculation, but I think playing this map as a CT would be really hard. I'd like to run around with another person in order to get a grip of the exact timings though. I might have gotten something wrong.

Add me and you can join us, we test it regularly between a small group of us :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Quotingmc

Heyho,

so I had a run around the map doing some exploit hunting :D .

This is what I found: 

multiple game-breaking selfboosts all around the map, a not properly lined up radar, ridonculous wallbangs (and I bet those were NOT intended :D) and also no collision props.

I would suggest to you to just player clip all of the roofs, fixing the models (the sign in B-site and the box towards T's mid exit in that small room (from which I found an awesome one-way wallbang to where the CT's sniper is going to defend mid presumably)). For the rest of the wallbangs it could be benificial if I just joined that testing group to show you ^^.

I have to mention here that I love the map's theme and that I really like the architecture, so keep going :) please ! 

Cheers!

Heyho,

so I had a run around the map doing some exploit hunting :D .

This is what I found: 

multiple game-breaking selfboosts all around the map, a not properly lined up radar, ridonculous wallbangs (and I bet those were NOT intended :D) and also no collision props.

I would suggest to you to just player clip all of the roofs, fixing the models (the sign in B-site and the box towards T's mid exit in that small room (from which I found an awesome one-way wallbang to where the CT's sniper is going to defend mid presumably)). For the rest of the wallbangs it could be benificial if I just joined that testing group to show you ^^.

I have to mention here that I love the map's theme and that I really like the architecture, so keep going :) please ! 

Cheers!

Fixing right now!

Lots of changes based on playtesting:

T spawn has been moved back considerably changing the timings. Initial testing suggested strong T bias so I hope that this update may have fixed that.

New mid to B connector and CT entrance to mid

9C6EED7688BB3696881066A1B313965EF1A7250D

4633E830D84ED21AD7A5C854E5F3BA04278998CC

E87FFAA664B610B15AFB5C7F57343FCB7838AF17

Consequently the window was moved

01884F890A0EEEFA35D8258CF156FE423B10E31B

654F16C83F6F9DD6C0FD20D32413AFC5BE0CF80C

717CF4339165D881DC287B729605A110C289FC45

The fence at the back of A has switched sides

D841CBB33A3D59378D20D26DA412715D9346FA70

T entrance to A his been enlarged and squeaky has been shortened

1259C3C184C4814045C12FF34EF7AEC76ECEF604

Workshop is up to date, any feedback is still greatly appreciated! 

Edited by Quotingmc

I ran along map, here some thoughts:

First of all squeaky is way to slow and narrow, Ts will be exterminated there through spammable windows, also squeaky fence isn't clipped, btw CTs can spooky hide behind the door :-D

V4fG7qV.jpg

In my opinion A for CT is very hard to hold, there is heavy lack of covers. If T will have middle and push A from 3 directions (mid, main, squeaky) CTs have no chance to defend site, add here rotation time of CTs about 15 seconds (roughly measured) and you will get easy rounds for Ts. Also Ts can boost and pick CTs behind wood stack through middle to A connector windows.

I think it's possible to increase awesomeness of saw blade on B by turning it into a cover, if remove second(central) way for Ts, cause I think it's give a advantage for Ts (imagine to hold 5 men rush from 2 ways with almost same timings) and creates too easy flanks for CTs.

Also CTs can easily pick Ts going from Mid to B, very confusing sightline for Ts, please fix:

YgqgUoC.jpg

VhTLqAl.jpg

Some other issues: not all stairs clipped to ramps, incorrectly attached radar, also black textures of glass:

x2cmagq.jpg

Coming to think of it, both sites are extremely hard to hold for CTs. From 2v2 playtests it is quite hard to determine the successfullness of a site. To fix this add more cover and make the site considerable bigger. Also, maybe give CT boosts and strong positions in which to hold the site to give them an advantage over the already advantaged Ts.

I ran along map, here some thoughts:

First of all squeaky is way to slow and narrow, Ts will be exterminated there through spammable windows, also squeaky fence isn't clipped, btw CTs can spooky hide behind the door :-D

Hidden Content

In my opinion A for CT is very hard to hold, there is heavy lack of covers. If T will have middle and push A from 3 directions (mid, main, squeaky) CTs have no chance to defend site, add here rotation time of CTs about 15 seconds (roughly measured) and you will get easy rounds for Ts. Also Ts can boost and pick CTs behind wood stack through middle to A connector windows.

I think it's possible to increase awesomeness of saw blade on B by turning it into a cover, if remove second(central) way for Ts, cause I think it's give a advantage for Ts (imagine to hold 5 men rush from 2 ways with almost same timings) and creates too easy flanks for CTs.

Also CTs can easily pick Ts going from Mid to B, very confusing sightline for Ts, please fix:

Hidden Content

Some other issues: not all stairs clipped to ramps, incorrectly attached radar, also black textures of glass:

Hidden Content

Thanks for feedback. Already been suggested B middle path be removed so I will do that next update. Clipping of stairs I will also get done, I have  just been lazy. Debating on changing squeaky all together but thanks for the comments. Radar is a remnant of a working one from a while back, will delete for next update and the windows are black as I forgot to pack custom content. Will make sure I up my game and remove the small errors for next update.

Thanks again for for showing an interest and for posting feedback :D

Edited by Quotingmc

Coming to think of it, both sites are extremely hard to hold for CTs. From 2v2 playtests it is quite hard to determine the successfullness of a site. To fix this add more cover and make the site considerable bigger. Also, maybe give CT boosts and strong positions in which to hold the site to give them an advantage over the already advantaged Ts.

I agree that both sites are really small, you should really look into making them considerably bigger in size :)

New Entrance to B for T as well as changes to enlarge A site and shorten Squeaky:

A site

DCF527BB793D6C5E03839D05649F179839EF7FC3

018076098BDF054C54382EF36B840FF3A83DCE2C

New T entrance to B

BA917C57968E3CA48F38884D05A6E4495D0C2D43

C6340BC83328E7A6DB94518B404809ACDE87D976

F2A22862A1B6051550C7A937C4599B80B6A3D488

Thoughts on changes appreciated! Workshop link is still to latest version

Looking to add more elevation to A site. Several 3v3's and 4v4's today gave some vital feedback which should help to improve the map. I do read and incorporate all feedback where I think it makes sense!

Make the sites bigger and add cover where appropriate. This will make the map better, trust me, this is the main thing that needs to change at the moment!!!!

B site was widened by about 128 units and A was opened up by the movement of squeaky (may not be obvious due to wood stack on site also moving across.

Experimented with cover on B and have a few new ideas. Thanks for the comment.

B site was widened by about 128 units and A was opened up by the movement of squeaky (may not be obvious due to wood stack on site also moving across.

Experimented with cover on B and have a few new ideas. Thanks for the comment.

Okay, I'm not sure when you made the changes but it's nice to know that you're acting on feedback. GOOD JOB!

Edited by Panda

A lot has been changed! Workshop is up to date (may be black textures and out of date radar as I am lazy and run test updates on it regularly) , feedback is very much needed and appreciated!

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553156940

New mid to A connector (rotation times from 9  to 13 seconds):

FB18A4D94AA2C4172B7640299F879BE6C22BCE33

BAD17D04D6161D353E4051E2F31D3A00472E0C59

6800297F6DE8B630522217DFFA5A57BD92DA36FA

9BAEF5B8A8824C5258142880449D52257CEF7CC0

6C6C415B6BE4BDDC9677F7C7B1856D83D8E8C8CE

New CT Spawn entrance to A and Mid plus the return of the excavator: 

8BAA9784455F56986B89B9BE5BEE72B30642AE9B

BB512FD9DB2C94CF2726EFB30BCE312D4081320A

New fancy T spawn (Very work in progress):

B1AC8D3B3208AF0B87FA0064D5B4E889916E24B7

FDD7EA74ED917C1DD24CEB2A7EE3D1843F602266

New back path to squeaky to allow T's a safe route of crossing the T side of A:

586F96DD6E518F555DC905F86EF6B330BC20DF01

6026A774D8CA3A1833EDEB18BBFC296CC454898E 

A lot has been changed! Workshop is up to date (may be black textures and out of date radar as I am lazy and run test updates on it regularly) , feedback is very much needed and appreciated!

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=553156940

New mid to A connector (rotation times from 9  to 13 seconds):

Hidden Content

New CT Spawn entrance to A and Mid plus the return of the excavator: 

Hidden Content

New fancy T spawn (Very work in progress):

Hidden Content

New back path to squeaky to allow T's a safe route of crossing the T side of A:

Hidden Content

I still think the main issue is still apparent: the size of the map.

You can still hear the bomb go down from the other site. I like the layout a lot and think it would play really well, but everything feels a bit too small atm. Making new connectors is fine for now, but I still think you have to redesign them once you make the map bigger.

Take the Mid-to-A connector for example. It's very U-shaped and while that increases the time it takes to go from mid to A, it feels a bit forced. I have a suggestion, but there are multiple ways of solving the issue at hand. Figure something out that works well :) 

dwadgfawfa.thumb.png.44895a47ccba571cbcd

Paint FTW! :v 

Edited by Logic

I still think the main issue is still apparent: the size of the map.

You can still hear the bomb go down from the other site. I like the layout a lot and think it would play really well, but everything feels a bit too small atm. Making new connectors is fine for now, but I still think you have to redesign them once you make the map bigger.

Take the Mid-to-A connector for example. It's very U-shaped and while that increases the time it takes to go from mid to A, it feels a bit forced. I have a suggestion, but there are multiple ways of solving the issue at hand. Figure something out that works well :) 

dwadgfawfa.thumb.png.44895a47ccba571cbcd

Paint FTW! :v 

I have had people say similar things, the real problem is how. Meeting points are already at 13-14 secs and extending the map would require lengthening already long and boring corridors. I will look into it but I am currently not sure if such a change is viable but if it is needed to save the map, it is a step I may have to take. 

Thanks for reading the update and giving some feedback.