FMPONE

DE_SANTORINI

D-d-d-doublepost!
Now the real one, after i was able to look at the map without errors :P

When i look at the layout, the whole CT side part of the map looks way too complex. Ingame it doesn't feel that bad, but still there are dozens of corners to check and some people will be confused for sure. On the other hand, i have no idea how to "fix" this without messing with the gameplay. So maybe just keep this in mind for the next layout you make.

Overall the visibility is good, as you can expect from a map based on Santorini. But, there are still some places where it's not that easy to see other players. For example CTs in the Café when you enter A site through A long. It's still ok, but not perfect. Another example is in the following Imgur album.

In the reddit playtest, the map felt very CT sided. I think this is caused mostly by the bombsite entrances. All of them (A underpass, A long, A short, Banana, B short) are interior parts without the possibility to throw good and safe smokes+flashes. You have the option to throw most of them from positions further away, but in an uncoordinated MM game for example, playing the T side will be probably painful. To help fixing this issue a bit, you should open the skybox between T mid and B site(B site execute: safe smokes towards B site) and maybe also add some windows or possiblities to throw fast flashes on A long towards A site.

You could probably also help the T side, by making A short flanks a bit more delayed. Right now, you can selfboost to the A short "catwalk"(as CT) in mid and backstab Ts really fast. What about reversing this self-boost, so it's only possible from the T side of the catwalk?

The rest of the feedback should be in the Imgur album. If i find more, i'll post again.

http://imgur.com/a/qf8ne

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback! 

There are some spots where visibility can be boosted. As for the balance, we've been told by CEVO that the statistics are 50/50 dead even. In my own opinion CTs need a bit more map knowledge (boost into garden gets overlooked at times) but once players get about 5-6 rounds of experience under their belt they typically can contest the half if not win it outright on a comeback.

As for the balance, we've been told by CEVO that the statistics are 50/50 dead even. In my own opinion CTs need a bit more map knowledge (boost into garden gets overlooked at times) but once players get about 5-6 rounds of experience under their belt they typically can contest the half if not win it outright on a comeback.

Can confirm we were 0-5 down on ct side but came back to 9-6

I like the map Shawn we play it a bit on our server and it does work well . Colour palette is quite different and really gives a feel of coastal town. 

so ive played this map a few times in CEvo, i like it, i love the looks, but i feel there are far too many small connectors and too much vertical areas. overall 9/10. would need to go take screen shots for more detailed feedback.