Finished in a single sitting of 4 hours. Good game with great voice acting and a nicely paced story that really lures you in. By mid way through you'll be very engrossed in the plot with what happens. It kept me completely hooked and wanting to find out more about what was going on. However, with all that happens to you in the game, the ending I found to be very anti climactic. First 3 quarters very good, last 3rd not so great. Gotta say the voice acting is really good too, if it wasn't then the game would utterly fall on its face.

But I'll tell you what this game and it's story telling style really reminded me of and that was System Shock 2. You encounter no one (bare some silhouettes, briefly, early on) and your only source of company comes in the voice of Dr. Polito aka Shodan omg spoilers.

Edited by dux

I just finished it, I really liked it!  The level design was masterful, though the map broke for a me which made navigation somewhat difficult.  The way new mechanics affect the pace of navigation was very well tuned, I feel that many won't really notice it.  

I do have to say that it ended too fast.  After a point, things start happening way too fast, though I felt like it left things in a good spot.  In a way, it seems like the beginning being so good, then the ending flying by will spoil it somewhat.  

Finished it over the weekend, really enjoyed it, especially loved the beginning.

Absolutely terrible performance on the PS4 tho (blabla PC master race quiet), which is especially striking when you've just come from The Witness which has a similar art style, often much longer draw distances and looks better...oh and then runs at a completely steady 60fps. Also I spotted lots of rough areas where you can see trees not intersecting into the ground, rocks floating, really weirdly placed blocking volumes etc.

Anyway, boring techincal issues aside, definitely worth a play if you like games where you're not constantly running around and saving the universe and shooting people in the face. I've heard a lot of people dislike the ending but I actually quite liked it.

Also I'm grateful to play a game that's about 4 hours long, after lasts years onslaught of 50+hour games (Witcher, Fallout, MGS, Batman) then I'm thrilled to play something that's actually realistic to finish within the first few days of starting it.

I was going to pick it up on Valentine's weekend, I noticed was discounted. Then didn't had the time to do so.

@Mazy have you seen chances of replayability? Just curios after what they said during promotion.

I'm a bit curious if saying different things at different times actually changes stuff later on, there's at least one thing that seems like it could change quite a lot in terms of how the characters relate to each other. So there's definitely that to check out on a second play through, seriously doubt it would change anything drastic in the actual plot tho.

Other than that then it feels like a game that is almost better off just playing once to keep the illusion alive in that you can actually affect things in a meaningful way (a bit like the Telltale games, which some of the devs worked on)

played through it in a single sitting. mostly enjoyable aside from usual indie stuff like terrible clunky animations, too many text-based feels, etc.

SPOILER AS FUCK LADS

i started to get creeped out when the you-know-what started happening, but the whole ending of that story was very anticlimatic and quite disappointing, i would honestly have preferred a conspiracy or spooky murderer or the woman was all in your head and you were insane or maybe you were the murderer, like honestly anything other than the shit they pulled. it's just more indie feels and then fly off into the sunset. 

i give it an 8/10.

Hidden Content

SPOILER AS FUCK LADS

Hidden Content

I loved it because it did all that!  Games stories have more twists than a wedding DJ'd by Chubby Checker.  A game basically being like "you expected a twist? nah lol" is a nice change from the Shyamalan-ass writing all over games right now.

Was also a bit disappointed overall, I appreciate that not every game has to have a twist however I felt like this could have done with one. I found the setting quite unique and the story was intriguing enough to want to finish it, however it didn't really lead to much. There was quite a lot of backtracking which I found a bit frustrating and towards the end in particular I just found myself rushing through to find out the conclusion. When I came across an abandoned cabin with a copy of the tree poster in it I thought maybe Delilah was some nutcase who'd been living there - I also thought maybe it was Henry who had fallen ill and not his wife, and maybe we were trapped in his subconscious, which would have been some sort of comment on mental illness. Really though, I didn't think the story of the boy and his father that interesting and didn't really care so much when I found his body in the cave. It seemed like that storyline kind of came out of nowhere in the second half of the game, or maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. Either way it was short and it was cheap, so I don't regret the purchase.

agree entirely Paul, I wasn't paying enough attention and it completely took me by surprise that this was the big event. left me more confused than anything.

that being said i would totally recommend it to people, it's short, it's pretty in it's own way, it has enough going to keep you interested, and it's not like it costs AAA price.