Sign in to follow this  
blackdog

Far Cry Primal

I just submitted my review. It's more of the same but that all doesn't mean shit when I drive my mammoth into a camp, cracking skulls with my club and having my owl drop prehistoric bombs on these fire worshipping savages. 

You must have pretty long arms to club people in the head from the back of a mammoth

That made me laugh man! I appreciate the pun and the artistic touch ;)

PS: Or maybe I just have a big club :P

Look forward to seeing what you all think!

And for those who missed my spamming of it everywhere else this past week, here's my folio page with all the work my team and I did!

www.jobyek.com/farcryprimal.html

Edited by deceiver

Started off kind of slow, wasn't really feeling it. Almost felt too stripped down. As I unlocked more stuff and got the hang of the combat I think I got hooked. You really just have to get past that first tier of upgrades/starter quests and the game really starts to open up.

Apparently, Far Cry Primal uses the same map layout as Far Cry 4. Let the controversy begin!

It's a shame, but to be completely honest I don't know if I would've noticed until it got pointed out by reddit/various publications.

On the topic of things that got recycled, I would've liked some more variety in the wildlife, especially with the focus of the game being so much on animals. I think it's pretty apparent that most of the animals are the same ones we've seen in previous games just reskinned - which is a bit of a bummer. New wildlife with new mechanics attached to them would've made the exploring the game's map feel mysterious and dangerous, and instead I just sort of feel like I know exactly what's around every corner. Although, I am excited to ride my tiger soon =).

It's a shame, but to be completely honest I don't know if I would've noticed until it got pointed out by reddit/various publications.

I had the feeling when yesterday was watching a video by the Cinicalbrit and the map was shown many times (just for gameplay purpose), but I wouldn't have thought it could be true, just a feeling.