VIOLATION

[WIP] de_monaco

mLJF0gn.jpg

Ignore the super low quality model if you can, more of a placeholder than anything. 

It seems a little narrow for a race track, even for Monaco. Also the markings in the ground suggest this the the start/finish line, a wider piece of track with grandstands and the whole pits. I would widen it a little and remove the floor markings. The gap in the barriers is very unrealistic. The only gaps in real tracks are run off areas and the entrances run parallel to the track with the entrance at the opposite direction the race to avoid a car spinning off into one, it would have to go back on itself to do so. Getting real picky but why would they leave a several million dollar car on the track? It is not like the whole grid of cars was abandoned just before the race started. Sorry to sound picky but I really want this map to be as awesome as possible. Nice start though, looking foward to more.

Real monaco start/finish:

_83203934_nicorosberg.jpg

Edited by Quotingmc
Rewording and extra point.

Also just did a complete new greybox as well to test out, doing no detailing whatsoever this time 

JDEtnGX.png

looks like if you take the main route to A or B and fail, you will have a huge rotate through that super long T spawn area. 

Keeping that in mind I tried to make the whole map a bit more connected to mid EXAjH67.png

timings (~) now are:

T                                    CT

A: 13s                            9s

B: 11-12s                       7s

Mid: 2s                           5s

rotate times are about 12-13s through CT spawn/upper mid and 16-17s through mid. I feel like this are a bit too long, and still feel like the upper left portion of the map is a bit too isolated. Thinking about making that one entrance to B connect straight down to mid as well.

Playtest seemingly went pretty well, and while I was absent for it I have gathered a lot from the chat/feedback about various aspects of the map and how to improve it. From that time a lot of visual improvements have also occurred with layout out a lot more of the basic architecture. 

OjcvhoZ.jpg

this is the new A site, where I have entirely blocked off the dark back of A and detailed some surrounding buildings. 

a3azzsA.jpg

I have removed the bollards from the sidewalks almost everwhere throughout the map as they caused players to get annoyingly snagged at inconvenient times throughout the game. I have also moved this first fence out of the street in a sort of test. I absolutely hate blocking vision with crates and fences but I do not have an alternative as of now. 

HR7oUgr.jpg

With reports of the B bombsite feeling a bit too cramped, I removed some of the cover props in an attempt to open it up a bit, along with raising the fences on the stairs so players can not jump over them. If the site is still reportedly too cramped I may attempt to open some of the space more. 

9y98mhw.jpg

Finally some work was done on the Mid - A connector and its adjacent building, turning it into a sort of elevated cafe.

If anyone tested the map on their own, or heldback and type of feedback during the playtest, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could share it here. The map is still heavy WIP and I'm open to essentially any advice or changes.

9y98mhw.jpg

Finally some work was done on the Mid - A connector and its adjacent building, turning it into a sort of elevated cafe.

Pretty!

Visually, like it was noted to OrnateBaboon for de_coast, in this screenshot the pointy platform should be probably softened by chopping the tip. You can very well cut it to have it the width of the "column"(?) and rotate the last column 90 deg to keep the geometry clean.

Your work? Not really, you stole it off the unity store!

@Quotingmc

I think he was talking about the later link to facebook, when he stated "something from my work" (note that I do not have facebook and can not view the facebook link and its content). He states this at the bottom of the page for the rock models on gamebanana:

"
This models did someone else .I only recompiled them for source.
Source https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/6947

"

I think it is very misleading and I don't think it's apropriate to be showing models that you have ported, when you're trying to promote your modeling skills.

@Pavel Turzo  I do not think it was your intent to mislead anyone into thinking you made the rock models, only to show your ability to port models. But, I think you should rephrase and remove the links showing ported models and instead only show work by yourself, when proposing to help with modeling. 

And try to be as clear as possible in messages to minimize the amount of misunderstanding.

Edited by JustFredrik
added "@username"

Yeah I took this from Unity mean rocks, but others ? Is writen there from where is this model! I did this for one guy . Question is did you recompilation from Unity in to source ? With 20 models  trust me hard work.But normaly I am doing models all original  for map .Only recompiled stafs and not nice I am giving free on stupid website like Banana.For noobs.

It looks very nice, but for the future try making a greybox map then detail so that if you do mess up somewere you dont have to remake everything, only a few brushes