Logic

Complex

Just somebservations from the photos; Why is there a sign of a guy falling down some stairs when there are none around? Isn't that like a warning or cautionary thing?  Maybe it is a sign (Punny) for my next point...

Ladders! I would avoid using them, especially in important areas like a bomb site. The hit boxes may be fixed but they are still annoying to climb. I think a small set of stairs could run parallel to the wall and do the same job.

looking a lot better than the playtest already, look forward to it once it is done.

Edited by Quotingmc

Just somebservations from the photos; Why is there a sign of a guy falling down some stairs when there are none around? Isn't that like a warning or cautionary thing?  Maybe it is a sign (Punny) for my next point...

Ladders! I would avoid using them, especially in important areas like a bomb site. The hit boxes may be fixed but they are still annoying to climb. I think a small set of stairs could run parallel to the wall and do the same job.

looking a lot better than the playtest already, look forward to it once it is done.

You're correct that ladders is bad for gameplay. But that ladder is an optional route. You have the choice to get on heigher ground quickly and take the risk of being vulnerable to attacks, or you can take the longer safer way.

Is the propmodel meant to be with its front at the wall ?

I though that the prop looked identical on both the front and back, but it has been changed since the screenshots were taken :v

Why is there a sign of a guy falling down some stairs when there are none around?

The sign has also been removed. It was a temporary gag for JustFredrik, it accidentally ended up in a screenshot.

Just to be clear, I hate ladders. I think they are buggy and non-reliable, yet I think that it could work well on this site, kinda like the ladder on A-site Mirage. It's just an optional route that might be a few seconds faster than the back route. Also, the ladder is REALLY exposed! You have to be in control of CT-spawn, short and A-site in order to use it safely, and I think that it will balance itself out in playtesting. I could just remove it, but I really wanna see how it plays before I do.

Thanks for the kind words Quotingmc!

Edited by Logic

so I just wanted to look at your map, but the download link doesnt work.. does anybody have the link, or, better - could you please fix it ;) 

so I just wanted to look at your map, but the download link doesnt work.. does anybody have the link, or, better - could you please fix it ;) 

Ohh, sorry about that. I guess putting the maps in a different folder messes up the links on Dropbox. Thanks for pointing this out!

I updated the thread and all versions from now on can be found here! Currently de_complex_a13 is the newest version! :)

Edited by Logic

Complete redesign on B-site. This is just a preview, it's far from finished. Going with the construction site as the overall theme.

As I remember, I liked B site as it was. I think the problem was not the site itself, I think the problem was that most of the action was drawn towards the A site. resulting in the B site not getting that much attention. If you feel like re-doing it go ahead but I think a good solution would be to in someway guide the terrorists so they would more often go towards the site. For example guiding light or a pathway that draws the attention of the player.

I allways walked towards mid/A and never went towards the B-site as a terrorist. I thought the site was fine exept for the headshot pit for CTs.

note that I'm writing this some time after the event so my memories might have faded or gotten twisted over time.

As I remember, I liked B site as it was. I think the problem was not the site itself, I think the problem was that most of the action was drawn towards the A site. resulting in the B site not getting that much attention. If you feel like re-doing it go ahead but I think a good solution would be to in someway guide the terrorists so they would more often go towards the site. For example guiding light or a pathway that draws the attention of the player.

I allways walked towards mid/A and never went towards the B-site as a terrorist. I thought the site was fine exept for the headshot pit for CTs.

note that I'm writing this some time after the event so my memories might have faded or gotten twisted over time.

I've realized that I might have jumped the gun on B-site. I will try to recreate the feel of the site with a new but similar layout. Thanks for reminding me Fredrik!

Big update after quite some time! I'm quite happy with the map for now and will submit it for a playtest ASAP! :)

Overview:
a18_zones.thumb.png.9449fff15fb08f3e73c5

A-site:
A.thumb.jpg.29b8f44bf97fb44548fcfdd62b5c

B-site:
B.thumb.jpg.60902257aa225f23494e6f110bae

Middle:
mid1.thumb.jpg.7956ae933a61530c91ce661f1mid2.thumb.jpg.7bf11505bf771b9e14576fc5a

Changes:

1. Streamlined A-site and moved the site to the crane
  2. Completely redesigned B-site
  3. Removed stairs from Tunnel to short
  4. Completely redesigned short
  5. ...and a lot more less important details!

Known issues:

• Shadows of bars in mid and on short disappears at certain angles
  • Timings to choke-points on B-site might need some fine-tuning
  • A fence in mid is hovering in the air... Please ignore it :v
  • T's setup on B-site is very uninteresting, any feedback regarding this is highly appreciated
Edited by Logic

Playtest submission got accepted and will take place on the 19th of november. I'll be there :)

Map looks far more polished, less random props and more thought out placement. Starting to take shape.

Thank you! I've tried to keep the props at a minimum. I've only placed props that has a direct impact on gameplay this time around :)

Looking forward to the playtest :)

Thank you! It will hopefully play a lot better this time around :)

Small update today that fixes some dark spots on the map. The overview is slightly out of date but there isn't going to be any major surprises, just some crates that's not on the radar.

Everything is ready for the playtest! Hope to see you there! :)