[CS:GO] De_Croatia [Wip]

Epic

So I have found a Theme for my First competitive map with the help of several suggestions from the Community so thank you kindly for all of that!

I have a Little bit more Research to do overall but I found that in Croatia there is an old fortress and overall simple but beautiful Architecture! I am hoping to Capture the beauty I found in the pictures of Croatia.

I will be using these Pictures as my References: http://imgur.com/a/8mZFK

As of now im very early into the development of the map so its Pretty much in the Layout stage. Check it out here if youd like: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=516587257

You don't have to give Feedback at this point but feel free to do so! I'm Aiming to build a fun/playable that captures the beauty of Croatia  that "maybe" favors the T side. 

Edited by zuzs980

So the first thing I can say about this map is that it seems like it is really small for a competitive Defusal map meaning the gameplay will be relatively simplistic and leaves little room for variation in strats. I would suggest making the level larger and consider different ways that players can approach the bombsites.

1) The blue route below is approaching what I can assume to be a bombsite (it's hard to tell exactly without labels) but there is only one approach to each meaning that the defenders have a huge upper-hand in this map since they can cover that one choke point. Additionally, it appears that the exit into the bombsite from the blue route is an arched doorway, which limits the line of sight for anyone peering into the bombsite. This is highlighted by the choice to add the wedge shaped hallway which serves to further limit the line of sight. 

2) The green path below is sort of another example of this, but it is not the only approach to the bombsite so it may not be as big of a problem. Also there is a weird turn in it which to me doesn't seem to achieve anything other than break up the light of sight from there down into the site, which may not be necessary.

3)I highlighted the orange zone because although there are two doorways highlighted leading into mid, their proximity to each other means that they effectively only behave as one.

Finally, it seems that most of the level is intended to be an exterior, but most of the corridors seem to be really small and cramped. I'd suggest running around some of the official maps like Italy, Inferno, or Cobble to get a sense of scale.

There's my two cents, hope this helps. Good luck!

de_croatia.thumb.jpg.3167fbfb1e7146983c2

Edited by maladus

So the first thing I can say about this map is that it seems like it is really small for a competitive Defusal map meaning the gameplay will be relatively simplistic and leaves little room for variation in strats. I would suggest making the level larger and consider different ways that players can approach the bombsites.

1) The blue route below is approaching what I can assume to be a bombsite (it's hard to tell exactly without labels) but there is only one approach to each meaning that the defenders have a huge upper-hand in this map since they can cover that one choke point. Additionally, it appears that the exit into the bombsite from the blue route is an arched doorway, which limits the line of sight for anyone peering into the bombsite. This is highlighted by the choice to add the wedge shaped hallway which serves to further limit the line of sight. 

2) The green path below is sort of another example of this, but it is not the only approach to the bombsite so it may not be as big of a problem. Also there is a weird turn in it which to me doesn't seem to achieve anything other than break up the light of sight from there down into the site, which may not be necessary.

3)I highlighted the orange zone because although there are two doorways highlighted leading into mid, their proximity to each other means that they effectively only behave as one.

Finally, it seems that most of the level is intended to be an exterior, but most of the corridors seem to be really small and cramped. I'd suggest running around some of the official maps like Italy, Inferno, or Cobble to get a sense of scale.

There's my two cents, hope this helps. Good luck!

First off thank you sooo much for all this feedback!

At First the overview does looks small but i think thats on my end. It takes about 30-35 seconds to go spawn to spawn.

T spawn Through (blue) to B takes 15-17 seconds

T Spawn to underpass to (orange) to B takes 14-16 seconds

1 & 3. Kinda mashing these two points together to explain my thinking behind it. As of now Youre Correct There is "technically" only 1 main route to B which is (blue) But my Thinking was I wanted T's to take Control of close mid (orange) which you are correct both entrances are connected on T side, But with that T's can smoke off the Cross into the Wedge'd Hallway before CT's Can take control of it. As of now I agree there are some Line of sight issues with mid/b Site. Im using a lot of arches because in Croatia nearly Everything is arched. Im still trying to figure out how to use them but effectively =0.

2. I havent Even touched that side of the map yet. :(:(. The only Areas ive touched are the Point where you mentioned (orange and blue)

Last thought, With the hall ways Most are about 224-260 units as is. Of course that will probably change.

This is  Great feedback thank you so much again! hopfully i can get a good Layout going with the information you provided

Edited by zuzs980

I'd Updated the map a bit to make small adjustments to get things just right. Due to my nature I'm never truly happy with how things looks but I am definitely starting to like how this map is coming together.

I'm still currently only developing one Side of the map before moving onto the other half. But I've ran into an issue I'm not sure how to solve without totally breaking up The Ct entrance into B site.

The issue is From Ct spawn(Highlighted in Red) into B you can see the main T entrance which is also a huge 1800~ units long. Im no sure how t either break it up or Shorten it with out only leaving CT's one real way into the Bomb site. Any suggestions would be Great! 

P.s. Please excuse the horrible Screen shot

- Thank you!

2015-09-29_00001-1.jpg

Edited by zuzs980