Sign in to follow this  
Smileytopin

Delta Delta

Tightening the map up to shorten rotate times

https://i.gyazo.com/bfc3af3e951348394a3c2cecbb97080d.png - old

https://i.gyazo.com/824ba74df7ba17fd845361ce40a9a2fc.png - new

Rotate times for T's between sites are about 18 seconds right now, still long but bearable.

Moved T spawn to make it less out of the way and to speed up timings to sites. Instead of taking 17 seconds to get to site from spawn, it takes closer to 12-14.

Edited by Smileytopin

A7 is out! Not really a large update, more of a quality of life thing.

New Overview

de_deltadelta_a7_overview.thumb.png.d72f

Redid Entrance to B side to delay lower.

de_deltadelta_a70002.thumb.jpg.839b348e4

Added connection from T side outer B to mid

de_deltadelta_a70003.thumb.jpg.75c436100

Redid T spawn, moved both sites closer to speed up timings for Ts and CT, as well as reducing rotation times further.de_deltadelta_a70004.thumb.jpg.2c5b465ca

Removed a box on B site that may be troublesome.de_deltadelta_a70005.thumb.jpg.1e78ef98c

Edited by Smileytopin

Had a run around it this morning, as for A, it feels a lot more developed :D and I can see it playing very well. The screenshot defied me as it looked like the old Site with the loop was still stuck onto the back of it. I cant spot anything wrong with the layout choices, other than the entrances to both sites are sort of similar (1 path to a split), which is not necessarily a bad thing but we will see what the play test returns!

So your going with a mirage type setting now?

Hi! I had to get some sleep right after the playtest, so I'll give you some feedback now instead.

A-site was by far the better bombsite, that said, I think it's pretty hard for Ct's to defend. CT's can't really peek into where the T's are coming from without standing by the boxes on site. They have very limited space to fall back on. Also, in case of a T rush the CT's would have to smoke off both entrances in order to stop it. If only one entrance is smoked off T's could just instantly switch to the other entrance.

B-site felt very claustrophobic, other than that I can see it play well if only the area was a lot bigger and the site wasn't as small. I liked the broken wall at the back since it was a good counter spot from the connector to middle.

Mid was okay, just okay. It didn't feel like it belonged to any team and I'm not sure how I feel about that. It's also very generic. You should look into making it stand out a bit and make the timings a bit more interesting. Don't be afraid to use verticality to achieve this.

The current radar in this thread isn't up to date, you might wanna fix that :)

Happy mapping!