[CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')

MinorThreat

Hello. I'm new here. I have some feedback. I colored the OV.

White Line to B: Seems like an unnecessary long line of sight. Maybe re route along the Blue Lines to B and get rid of the section below the White line.

Orange Boxes at B: Possible cover points. Maybe add another train track and box car, some work vehicles? And the CT route straight to B is quit boring and long. Feels like the map is a tad too wide?

Green Box at Mid: Is the current battle area for Mid. If you rotate the shelves along the Red Box and pull back the orange wall on CT side. It will open the Mid up and give CT a bit more option. Right now, T can set up in the bottom right corner and wait for CT to come around that bend.

The underground section isn't needed. Didn't use it once. But keep the stairs at Mid on CT side.

Hope this helps.

de_docks_v026_ws_feedback.png

9 hours ago, WhatGrenadeWhere said:

Hello. I'm new here. I have some feedback. I colored the OV.

White Line to B: Seems like an unnecessary long line of sight. Maybe re route along the Blue Lines to B and get rid of the section below the White line.

Orange Boxes at B: Possible cover points. Maybe add another train track and box car, some work vehicles? And the CT route straight to B is quit boring and long. Feels like the map is a tad too wide?

Green Box at Mid: Is the current battle area for Mid. If you rotate the shelves along the Red Box and pull back the orange wall on CT side. It will open the Mid up and give CT a bit more option. Right now, T can set up in the bottom right corner and wait for CT to come around that bend.

The underground section isn't needed. Didn't use it once. But keep the stairs at Mid on CT side.

Hope this helps.

de_docks_v026_ws_feedback.png

Hi there! Welcome to the forums and thanks for your input. I will definitely try the things you have suggested, they all seem to make sense! I'm sometimes a bit stuck for ideas when it comes to placing cover, so I'm very grateful for your opinions on that matter. A lot of people have said that I should lose the underground section. I've tried a lot of different ways of implementing it because I liked the idea, but I suppose ultimately it is unnecessary and it's about time I just got rid of it.

Edited by MinorThreat

• 2 weeks later...

I've made some amendments following last Sunday's playtest. I've addressed most of the issues raised and made a few adjustments of my own. I'm planning on testing it again soon, so if you have any thoughts on the changes I've made, then please let me know!

Workshop Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845638379

Changes:

-Made plant zone at B narrower

-Increased the size of the buy zones

-Fixed the clipping on the lorry and truck at B

-Added stairs in place of the ladder in the warehouse window room

-Removed the forklift in the warehouse entrance at A

-Added a hiding place in the room overlooking B to enable Ts to cover the bomb once planted

-Added a screen behind the mid window to block unwanted lines of sight

-Changed the cover at the choke point at the A side entrance; CTs can now cover the opening from within the fenced area from behind a box

-Moved the entrance to the window room at A tunnels

-Moved the blocked entrance at CT-side of the warehouse in order to utilise it for cover

Overview:

de_docks_v029_overview.png

Screenshots:

Spoiler

20170119140748_1.jpg

20170119140728_1.jpg

20170119140658_1.jpg

20170119140644_1.jpg

20170119140620_1.jpg

20170119140528_1.jpg

20170119140516_1.jpg

20170119140509_1.jpg

Edited by MinorThreat

• MinorThreat changed the title to [CS:GO] Incursion (formerly 'de_docks')