Psyrius

[Tutorial] Make your own skybox for CS:GO

18 hours ago, MrTwoVideoCards said:

There's a ton of stuff for authoring skydomes in UE3/UE4. It's more or less the same workflow.

Well.. if someone doesn't know how to make a custom skybox and he finds this great tutorial that Psyrius has written and his other option is to browse "ton of stuff" about different game engine I would advice going with this tutorial. 

It might be that skydomes are better/easier way to tweak the sky (and I'll definitely myself try it!) but on the other hand trying to find a proper tutorial is often so hard that it'll be easier to go with this one. That's why I would have wanted you to link a proper tutorial so that people wouldn't have to waste time. Also.. if you know how to do it, it would be even better if you made your own tutorial that applies completely to csgo. 

Here's a nice video that talks about a couple of different methods. 

QUICK EDIT:

This is also a super great one for 3dsmax users, and well, probably overall. LINK

On 9/30/2016 at 2:06 AM, Dosentti said:

...it would be even better if you made your own tutorial that applies completely to csgo... 

The only thing unique is that you pretty much compile a smd, it's the same process as getting a custom model in the game more or less. Not trying to be patronizing or anything but a quick google search of "how to make a skydome" yields tons of results. I think there's a solid amount of information out there in much more detail than I can provide, and I highly suggest researching it further as each sky setup can be a little different here and there in terms of structure (clouds as separate mesh, fog layers, etc). Making skydomes is kind of a universal thing that more or less has the same workflow for every engine. The only difference between each is generally how you put together the shader or material, and/or export the model.

Edited by MrTwoVideoCards