Panda

de_Underground [WIP]

Overview looks good guys.

Do either of you live in England? I just wonder because no one in England calls the underground/tube, the metro.

Would be nice to see some trains as well :P

I beg to differ. The underground in up here in the north east is literally called the "Metro".

Overview looks good guys.

Do either of you live in England? I just wonder because no one in England calls the underground/tube, the metro.

Would be nice to see some trains as well :P

Both of us live in England. We have already changed the name on the workshop but not on this post, I'll do it in the next few hours when I have time, just to make it clearer. 

Haven't you seen the trains in the map? They are in there (they look really good, made by Quotingmc) also I think Quoting posted some pics of them.

And thanks, the radar took a while to align and make pretty. xD

Edited by Panda

I beg to differ. The underground in up here in the north east is literally called the "Metro".

Let me correct myself, no one in London calls the underground "Metro".

@Panda I'm talking literally about the blue/white/red typical train, not a grey prefab :P

It's going to be a bit close to home for a lot of people considering the 7/7 bombings in 2005, looks like you've got the means to make something nice.

Edited by jackophant

Let me correct myself, no one in London calls the underground "Metro".

@Panda I'm talking literally about the blue/white/red typical train, not a grey prefab :P

It's going to be a bit close to home for a lot of people considering the 7/7 bombings in 2005, looks like you've got the means to make something nice.

It is always a risk but I think that 10 years on it is more understandable. Textures coming for train soon hopefully :)

Firstly I would like to say thanks to everyone ho turned up to the playtest last night, your feedback was incredibly helpful. We have summarised the main comments into several point:

• Revise mid timings for CT's
  • Remove drop down by CT mid
  • Better signpost the vent
  • Simplify brushwork in areas to remove some complex angles
  • Make stairs less steep
  • Widen some pathways inside
  • Widen ticket gates

If you feel like anything is missing or would like to add more detailed feedback we would live to read your comments below. We hope to bring an update which addresses these points in the coming days.

So these are all of the changes I have made so far (they are only ideas on the feedback given so please don't feel like it is the final idea, please give feedback to whether you like the changes or not):

Widened the path behind T mid

2015-10-20_00001.thumb.jpg.684d7d021e33d

Blocked the sightline in mid but there is still a small gap in which CTs can peak. The block is only a temporary idea. It is wallbangable.

T view

2015-10-20_00002.thumb.jpg.6f1b3cf52b4aa

CT view

2015-10-20_00005.thumb.jpg.b1935e818c6c8

No more head peaks along the back of T mid

2015-10-20_00003.thumb.jpg.0de155d104bd9

An attempt at less complex curves/geometry

2015-10-20_00004.thumb.jpg.eb7a49d9787d1

A door into B site from mid connector, the whole connector is a very basic idea and may (most definitely) not work and be very good. After all it is just an idea, so please look at it ingame and give me your thoughts on it.

2015-10-20_00006.thumb.jpg.1e94c117ff583

More pictures of the connector

2015-10-20_00007.thumb.jpg.bea237bca18e52015-10-20_00008.thumb.jpg.3d96245465ec5

To remove the head peak along T mid I had to raise the whole of B site and the area behind it, also no more steep stairs from CT spawn to B, so that is the reason for the new connector. Also, I have made most stairs less steep (8x16) but forgot to take pictures. I think we will be signing up for another playtest soon once the majority of the problems have been fixed.

Edited by Panda

Nice Ticket machine look forward to seeing it textured. Glad you have made the stairs a more gradual incline too I look forward to seeing this going forward and coming out of grey box.

I do agree with Jack squires with 7/7 bombings but I would not let this stop  you from going forward.

Nice Ticket machine look forward to seeing it textured. Glad you have made the stairs a more gradual incline too I look forward to seeing this going forward and coming out of grey box.

I do agree with Jack squires with 7/7 bombings but I would not let this stop  you from going forward.

There will be an update soon. I'm just making a few last changes to the layout as well as the beginning of texturing. So I will be posting something when I think there is enough to see.

There will be an update soon. I'm just making a few last changes to the layout as well as the beginning of texturing. So I will be posting something when I think there is enough to see.

If you like, I can send you the UV layout for those barriers as an image file to help you make the texture for it. I don't know what image editor you use, but with Gimp you can import these UV layouts as layers and use them as guidelines.

If you like, I can send you the UV layout for those barriers as an image file to help you make the texture for it. I don't know what image editor you use, but with Gimp you can import these UV layouts as layers and use them as guidelines.

Oh cool, yeh I'll try and texture them......I haven't got Gimp but I can download it but first I need to learn.

Sorry guys for no updates, I have decided to take a break from de_underground because I'am lost for ideas and stuck on the texturing. Instead, I have started on a new map which I will be showing off soon, hopefully this theme and design will not be too hard to texture so it will be finished.......Also there is now no low ceiling (in the new one) so you can use smokes and flashes effectively! 

Thank you for all the contributions and feedback you have given me during the construction of de_underground. If I come up with any new ideas I will be adding them to the map and maybe updating the post when I have spare time.

Edited by Panda