Panda

de_Underground [WIP]

There are some places where you can go straight to train platform without passing the ticket things. I know its still wip but you put some effort to actually put them in few places.

Yeah I realised that when I was making it and that it would seem quite strange how you could walk onto the platform without going through ticket gates. I was going to put them along the path that Ts must take to get into the site. However, if it was there it would mean Ts would have to jump over it which, in my opinion, is very good when taking a bombsite.

I'd be interested in seeing some feedback from playtests for this layout. It seems like the bombsites seem like they are in close proximity to each other, and it seems that the terrorists have to do most of the legwork to get to the objectives. Otherwise, I like the theme and I think it could create some really interesting firefights.

The rotate times from A to B is about 14 seconds and vice versa. The rotation through mid from A to B is about 14 seconds. I think that that is ok I guess, could do with a bit of lengthening but looking at the paths they must take will slow them down and will put the CTs at a disadvantage (the steep stairs and the small door that they must go through to reach the stairs). Tell me if you think this is okay or if it still needs lengthening. At the moment we are still trying to work out a playtest, whether to buy a server or to book one. xD

So I was in London the other day and got these for you, a little blurry in a few but gives you a few good ideas I hope. 

http://imgur.com/a/NDu3l

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jwdnmac2dnxr0sy/AACny-Sp6-D00V-a5pY3I2R9a?dl=0 <------------ drop box half of em didnt go into the imgur 

Thanks!!!! I will be incorporating as many of these pics as I can when finalising the layout and the basic aesthetics.

At the moment we are still trying to work out a playtest, whether to buy a server or to book one. xD

Mapcore offer playtests, the sooner you get it tested the better.

The more heavily detailed it is, the longer each change takes to make.

They look clean, but the thing that bothers me about the signs is that They Are All Written With Capital Letters At The Start.

Because they are not completely punctuated sentences it looks better that way. Otherwise it seems odd.

Started work on re-skinning a Garry's mod model for a ticket machine:

lPjJCUJ.jpg

Edited by Quotingmc

No, should they be?

Arrows on the map are normally to mark out paths. A lot of the most recent community maps have started encorporating the directions into the custom signage so it might be confusing for some people...It's a minor thought, might just be something to keep in mind. Maybe use more muted colours and then use the yellow (or red) for pointing to sites?

Arrows on the map are normally to mark out paths. A lot of the most recent community maps have started encorporating the directions into the custom signage so it might be confusing for some people...It's a minor thought, might just be something to keep in mind. Maybe use more muted colours and then use the yellow (or red) for pointing to sites?

we do have separate arrows that are always white and accompanied by a large letter for the sites. If navigation becomes an issue then I will look to take this on board. Thanks for the feedback.

You need to add edge wear to you signs and asset texture.

http://wiki.polycount.com/wiki/TexturingTutorials

from a professional point of view I'm not sure how I feel about using a gmod prop to reskin. Is it something that somebody has made and is now opensource? or another source game asset ? 

Ideally we would replace the model at a later time with one made especially for the map. For now we will be using this which to my full knowledge is open source.

There has been a complete re-design of A site because the old one was very cramped and didn't work well. So here are some screens! Feel free to give us feedback but please look in-game because the screens are just to give you an idea of what it looks like.

http://imgur.com/a/jDJKE

Also does anyone have any ideas that we could use to make A long better because at the moment we are sort of lost for ideas.

Edited by Panda