Panda

de_Underground [WIP]

So... A Chicago outside, with a Parisian Metro interior? And a radar backdrop of the London Underground? You need real world examples not pictures from games. If the games had the same setting it wouldn't be so bad.

The radar is out of date as stated. Where is your information of it being a Parisian Metro? It shares some similarities in style but so do most metro systems. We were in fact deliberately avoiding Paris to save any issues with annoying the creators of de_marquis.

I'm still not seeing any suspended ceilings in those references!

Thanks for stating this earlier, please give us a chance to fix this. 

You've got your theme "subway/underground trains/metro" (regional language differences...) now you need to settle on a location, and really appreciate how different locations have different architecture above AND below ground.

We are currently in the process of doing so. Chicago was only an idea and we are currently collecting reference pictures of several American and European cities. I can assure you we will make sure to mimic the building style of the chosen location.

Literally 2 seconds of googling to find you a Chicago subway search on flickr tell me Chicago doesn't even have a fucking subway system... Guys, please do your research.

Literally two seconds of research  told me that CS:GO maps do not have to be 100% to real life. It's nice not to swear at people when you are talking about something that isn't a huge issue. I don't believe de_strada is 100% accurate to a specific mMediterranean town Thank you for your concern though.

Thank you for leaving a comment. 

Edited by Quotingmc

1. I was just highlighting inconsistencies regarding themes when I mentioned the London Underground radar map, but it is evidence of a wider situation in that theme is "varied". The metro map from battlefield that panda referenced is based in Paris.
  2. I was merely pointing out that there were no suspended ceilings in the references pictures provided. Ofc I realise they won't have changed in that time already.
  3. Good (provided the end product is an American or European city ;) ), but for future reference it works better to work that bit out first.
  4. I'm not here to start a fight or get people salty, so I can assure you the "swear" isn't intended to upset or directed at anyone in particular, it's a general exclamation. And you're right, maps don't have to be 100% accurate and I don't pretend that Strada is or will be, but there are tolerances and the further apart the conjoining themes are, the more people will notice which can then lead to a thematic failure. Look to de_sparity for that. Fun map to play, but theme definitely needed some work.

1. I was just highlighting inconsistencies regarding themes when I mentioned the London Underground radar map, but it is evidence of a wider situation in that theme is "varied". The metro map from battlefield that panda referenced is based in Paris.
  2. I was merely pointing out that there were no suspended ceilings in the references pictures provided. Ofc I realise they won't have changed in that time already.
  3. Good (provided the end product is an American or European city ;) ), but for future reference it works better to work that bit out first.
  4. I'm not here to start a fight or get people salty, so I can assure you the "swear" isn't intended to upset or directed at anyone in particular, it's a general exclamation. And you're right, maps don't have to be 100% accurate and I don't pretend that Strada is or will be, but there are tolerances and the further apart the conjoining themes are, the more people will notice which can then lead to a thematic failure. Look to de_sparity for that. Fun map to play, but theme definitely needed some work.

Thanks for the help. Yes, I did realise that the battlefield map was set in Paris. We were just getting little ideas on what an underground station looks like. I agree with what you were saying with the theme being inconsistent but this is only the beginning of texturing it so we are still trying to find out a strong theme.

Could you explain how and where they are illogical?

There are some places where you can go straight to train platform without passing the ticket things. I know its still wip but you put some effort to actually put them in few places.

I'd be interested in seeing some feedback from playtests for this layout. It seems like the bombsites seem like they are in close proximity to each other, and it seems that the terrorists have to do most of the legwork to get to the objectives. Otherwise, I like the theme and I think it could create some really interesting firefights.

So I was in London the other day and got these for you, a little blurry in a few but gives you a few good ideas I hope. 

http://imgur.com/a/NDu3l

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jwdnmac2dnxr0sy/AACny-Sp6-D00V-a5pY3I2R9a?dl=0 <------------ drop box half of em didnt go into the imgur 

Edited by Cruckz

So I was in London the other day and got these for you, a little blurry in a few but gives you a few good ideas I hope. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jwdnmac2dnxr0sy/AACny-Sp6-D00V-a5pY3I2R9a?dl=0 <------------ drop box half of em didnt go into the imgur 

were you running when taking these? :P

were you running when taking these?

THERE'S ALWAYS A CRITIC! Pretty much though just taken on my phone, my gf was getting annoyed with me taking photo's of escalators and walls and not her so was hurrying me along. but they're not for textures more for ideas and the feel of what the underground actually looks like. 

There are some places where you can go straight to train platform without passing the ticket things. I know its still wip but you put some effort to actually put them in few places.

Ok, I think this only occurs in CT spawn as far as I know. Will fix.

The map is shaping up! Looking forward to more progress!

Thanks, new update should be very soon.

If this is based on the london underground wouldn't it make sense to call it de_underground rather than de_metro?

The name is still subject to change as metro is really only a place holder. We will take the region into consideration when naming.

Thanks! Should be a great help when detailing.