Sign in to follow this  
knj

Hitman - World Of Assassination

IO's situation has been resolved, they've managed to go fully independent, and were able to also secure full control over the Hitman franchise!

http://www.ioi.dk/the-future-of-ioi/

2 hours ago, blackdog said:

Awesome! Happy the brand stays with the creators.

wonder if Square Enix will still be interested in publishing it lol

If they're still going to work on Hitman 2016 with the same business model, not much of a concern until the next season is complete, since they'd put each new location up for digital download.

Finished the current season some time ago. Loved the environments and the intricate details, it's something I've always liked about Hitman games. I also liked the look and feel of the UI, elegant and always showing the relevant information and never too much. I think the minimap/radar was completely useless though since the levels always had signs and they were constructed like real places so there was a certain sense of familiarity to them.

Sapienza was really awesome, like something straight out of a bond film :D

Edited by WD

On 16/11/2017 at 5:29 AM, blackdog said:

Looks like with the GOTY-edition there's a good time to jump on board. No revenue to Square-Enix. :)

Sorry for digging this up again, but watching the new stuff this trailer/walkthrough the GOTY edition of World Of Assassination came up. We never posted it, I never realised it came out and is great they spent the time to "remaster" a new game adding some little graphical touches to implement this bonus mission/mini-story that spans across locations... one mission being an adaptation of Sniper Challenge mini-game.

Also they finally implemented the Elusive Targets, which I always contested they should have been available for latecomers, which they finally fixed. I wonder if this carries on to other versions of the game but I guess at this point, when I finally get this, I'll get the GOTY.

Edited by blackdog