Le1T

ALL MAPS FROM THE CONTEST IN ONE PLACE

it's the pumpupyourpublic guy! :D workshop famous for your majestic spam.

:D

I've been banned for it a year ago. Now im not spamming, just doing my work silently :)

I love custom maps, what to do...

Edited by Le1T

It'd be great if the judges could stream part of their process, like Cotton did for the last CEVO mapping contest. Might be a lot of extra work though I guess.

Why did that guy even judge maps? He did not even know what nodraw was. :|

This is great work, must have taken hours... +1

Edited by Bodd Jonar

Why did that guy even judge maps? He did not even know what nodraw was. :|

The vast majority of Counter-Strike players probably don't know what nodraw is, but that doesn't render their opinion on a map's gameplay and aesthetic quality any less valid than somebody who does.

Edited by text_fish

The vast majority of Counter-Strike players probably don't know what nodraw is, but that doesn't render their opinion on a map's gameplay and aesthetic quality any less valid than somebody who does.

I agree with this, however I feel more secure knowing that an experienced mapmaker is judging my map rather than any other person. Even if the person is a pro player I would still prefer the judge (or at least one) to be a mapmaker since these are people who spend a lot of time thinking about map-layout, positional advantage, aesthetic quality and also understands the technical aspects of mapmaking. You don't have to be a mapmaker to have an opinion on aesthetic quality or gameplay, but a person with this background I feel have more ground to stand on. Does that make sense?

Ideally the jury would consist of map makers, as well as pros, and players of various ranks, so that the map appeal to a wide range of people, with a competitive playability, while favoring interesting and different layouts which would be recognized more easily by mappers.

Also, map makers have a particular eye on things such as polishing, they can see more easily if a map is really well thought, through how it is optimized, and even through the brushwork. This can help choose between two maps both great gameplay and aesthetics wise. Maybe that's part of what you meant @Oliver?

However, @text_fish, one could argue that probably half of players play either dust2 or mirage :)