Tyker

[WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

Sorry for this rant and it is not my intention to hijack this thread; just to let you know that you are not alone :).

Thanks for that info Will! If many people are having this problem then it must have existed for longer.

In all that time has anyone ever tried directly contacting Matt or anyone else from Valve? Has there been any official posts about this problem, or is it currently unknown to them?

Thanks for that info Will! If many people are having this problem then it must have existed for longer.

In all that time has anyone ever tried directly contacting Matt or anyone else from Valve? Has there been any official posts about this problem, or is it currently unknown to them?

no problem :) sharing a common issue with someone can be a relief.

Well, I don't think that we are the first ones to have their work "stolen" on the workshop; the thing is Valve's support is utterly slow and frustrating and they don't seem to improve it or work on it despite them popping every 6 months and saying:"we are aware our customer support sucks hard and we are working on it". However, nothing gets done and the cycle repeats.

This is unacceptable for a service-oriented company but since they are basically a monopoly in the digital distribution and content delivery, the customer has no leverage or bargaining powers.

Thanks to the latest update it is now possible to have multiple radar images. This has now been included on de_meat! If you go down to A site you will now have a different radar image that only displays A site.

2016-02-18_00004.thumb.jpg.2f49688532eae

2016-02-18_00005.thumb.jpg.fcdf92ab1bbd5

text

Valve has so much money but won't spend a dime on keeping the community in check, it's a big joke. Before I started playing PC I thought Valve was the best developer since their games was given so much love, well I don't think that anymore. Sure they do a lot of good stuff like operations, SDK support etc, but their customer support is a punch in our face. 

That this hasn't been solved yet is not only sad, it's pathetic even, spend some money on the community ffs. 

on topic: I don't think that's how you are "supposed" to do it, look at this thread etc: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/46erxf/the_new_radar_is_really_good/

It will look really weird if you just remove the rest of the map from the minimap when you go down to A. What about teammates that are not down there, they will just be in the dark?

Edited by Bodd Jonar