Tyker

[WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

So many areas of this map just make akward encounters. Like that area you kept killing me from. Did you not think the spot was a little OP when you were sitting on it? :P

If you have the reflections done properly, try just creating a info_lighting to a darker spot and use that for the lighting maybe?

Nope, info_lighting does not fix any of the issues

That's a shame, but it's not the first time something I made got copied! Thank you for notifying me and thanks to those who flagged it!

@tyker will need to the DMCA takedown stuff.

Would I really need to DMCA it? I'm not sure if it's that much of a legal issue. Or do these things not get removed with regular flags?
It's a shame, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of action I can take. Maybe there will be a contraband map in the future? Hah!

Edited by Tyker

That's a shame, but it's not the first time something I made got copied! Thank you for notifying me and thanks to those who flagged it!

Would I really need to DMCA it? I'm not sure if it's that much of a legal issue. Or do these things not get removed with regular flags?It's a shame, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of action I can take. Maybe there will be a contraband map in the future? Hah!

I can't read it again as I've already flagged but it seems to suggest the creator should do this. Lets see if your workshop comments are enough to remove..

no idea why someone would re-up a map...

/edit just looked for de_season and damn re-ups of old versions and Im assuming for russian sites.

Edited by cashed

It has gotten loads of flags so far, and even a DMCA, and yet it's not been taken down. I guess this is normal for the workshop?

Or is there something else I should be doing?

It has gotten loads of flags so far, and even a DMCA, and yet it's not been taken down. I guess this is normal for the workshop?

Or is there something else I should be doing?

Hey, it is definitely not my intention to hijack or derail your thread, but I am in the same exact situation as you are; I thought I'd very briefly share my story with you so you know you're not alone against the frustrating and un-moderated workshop.

Basically 2 guys stole a map of mine and uploaded it as their own on the CSGO workshop. They took my map Cortona http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139519337 (released April 16, 2013) unchanged with my custom textures and even the custom description text I wrote, simply changed the name to Pedrizetti and uploaded it on the workshop on Jan 5 2016 claiming it's their own original creation http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=593428572. They are even telling other people that it's ok to port the map to other games too.

A friend of mine notified me of this on Jan 11, 2016 and I immediately flagged and reported the submission, clearly explaining the issue while providing links to my original map. One week passes and nothing happens, so on Jan 18, I post a message on the official CSGO workshop group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOMapsWorkshop (The one of Matt Wood where, ironically, I am a moderator there) to try and get the attention of Valve guys in the group.

Today is February 7, almost a month has passed and nothing has been done. The stolen map is still on the workshop and no one (admin/mod/support) even contacted me if they need more info or something. I'm aware of the DMCA takedown notice but it seems it has no effect either judging by what you mentioned.(these kind of obvious issues should not need a cumbersome legal DMCA in the first place; the submission is proven stolen and therefore breaks the workshop TOS)

The workshop definitely needs better moderation to protect authors' rights and some stricter rules for copyright infringers and obvious thieves. I've been a vocal advocate about this since the Arms deal update in Aug 2013: the workshop is a total jungle with near absent moderation, and support is a big fat joke; and it's not even a funny joke.

Sorry for this rant and it is not my intention to hijack this thread; just to let you know that you are not alone :).

Hey, it is definitely not my intention to hijack or derail your thread, but I am in the same exact situation as you are; I thought I'd very briefly share my story with you so you know you're not alone against the frustrating and un-moderated workshop.

Basically 2 guys stole a map of mine and uploaded it as their own on the CSGO workshop. They took my map Cortona http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139519337 (released April 16, 2013) unchanged with my custom textures and even the custom description text I wrote, simply changed the name to Pedrizetti and uploaded it on the workshop on Jan 5 2016 claiming it's their own original creation http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=593428572. They are even telling other people that it's ok to port the map to other games too.

A friend of mine notified me of this on Jan 11, 2016 and I immediately flagged and reported the submission, clearly explaining the issue while providing links to my original map. One week passes and nothing happens, so on Jan 18, I post a message on the official CSGO workshop group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOMapsWorkshop (The one of Matt Wood where, ironically, I am a moderator there) to try and get the attention of Valve guys in the group.

Today is February 7, almost a month has passed and nothing has been done. The stolen map is still on the workshop and no one (admin/mod/support) even contacted me if they need more info or something. I'm aware of the DMCA takedown notice but it seems it has no effect either judging by what you mentioned.(these kind of obvious issues should not need a cumbersome legal DMCA in the first place; the submission is proven stolen and therefore breaks the workshop TOS)

The workshop definitely needs better moderation to protect authors' rights and some stricter rules for copyright infringers and obvious thieves. I've been a vocal advocate about this since the Arms deal update in Aug 2013: the workshop is a total jungle with near absent moderation, and support is a big fat joke; and it's not even a funny joke.

Sorry for this rant and it is not my intention to hijack this thread; just to let you know that you are not alone :).

Not that it'll probably be of any help, but I flagged it too.

The Workshop definately needs some fixing.