[WIP] de_meat [Looking for gameplay feedback]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to Marnamai and Squad for helping out! My meat is swinging now!  

Hey, it is definitely not my intention to hijack or derail your thread, but I am in the same exact situation as you are; I thought I'd very briefly share my story with you so you know you're not alone

Looks like someone stole your map! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598515272&searchtext=Meat

Posted Images

Thanks! I'll see if I can include those models in the next version, and see how they look in-game!

Currently on the workshop is version b7, and I'm working on b8. b7 is fully optimized, and the map now runs at a minimum of 145 FPS in all areas on my machine! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=481597483
SS3JQGH.jpgDcxlF1z.jpgve3LsDn.jpgYINZFgd.jpgpHNQ3xv.jpgt7J5BQf.jpgQUPIxVK.jpgb05909v.jpgFimRm6n.jpg
These screenshots are from areas that I feel a bit insecure about on whether they look nice. What do you think?

Edited by Tyker

Thanks! I'll see if I can include those models in the next version, and see how they look in-game!

Currently on the workshop is version b7, and I'm working on b8. b7 is fully optimized, and the map now runs at a minimum of 145 FPS in all areas on my machine! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=481597483
SS3JQGH.jpg

The red floor stripe here looks very video-gamey. I think it could be darker, and maybe some trim would make it look better. The white and grey brick texture is beautiful and great for CS GO maps. I like the metal thing in the middle acting as a guide to new players.

DcxlF1z.jpg

Beautiful little scene here. Good job.

ve3LsDn.jpg

Same here, looks good. Maybe that middle roof tile is a little too light?

YINZFgd.jpg

Looks nice and clean.

pHNQ3xv.jpg

The blue has the same issue as the red, just a little too bright I think. The floor could be grey here and people would call it blue halls already. Dust particles look nice as long as they don't impact gameplay.

t7J5BQf.jpg

A little dark?QUPIxVK.jpg

A little bland and maybe prop heavy?

b05909v.jpg

This looks pretty good to me.

These screenshots are from areas that I feel a bit insecure about on whether they look nice. What do you think?

Edited by wylde
  • 1 month later...

There is one more thing I'm currently working on adding, before moving on to an other map:

GydelET.jpg
gZ457SS.jpg
I'm using a prop_physics_multiplayer for the carcass and phys_ballsocket at the top so that if you shoot it, or it's near explosions, it will swing!

Sadly though it swings a bit too much, and modifying the weight doesn't seem to change this. It can start rotating incredibly fast too. I'm not sure if it's possible to lock an axis with phys_ballsocket, so I'll have to add some kind of hook model at the top that can swing 360 degrees without clipping weirdly.

I still want to ship this with swinging meat, but if I can't fix these issues I'll just let them stay put.

• 2 weeks later...

A site felt a little bland. I'm doing some updates on it:

y1f0MOA.jpg

NvvNnGp.jpg

lc8To5m.jpg

Q7QjSpq.jpg

Though it may have gone from 'too bland' to 'too dramatic'. I'm not too sure about this change.

The layout is final, depending on the mapcore playtest. If that goes well, I'll ship this map and start something new.

Edited by Tyker