Terri

[CS:GO] (W.I.P) de_arpegio

Church, detail is pretty unbalanced, working on some sketches to fill the top of the bell tower and the trim areas around the roof. Bandstand went through a couple revisions before going to this form

56ZETtU.jpg

I feel like the height of the clock tower is in weird proportion to it's width. I'd suggest to make it higher or thinner. Other than that, the progress looks very promising so far!

I feel like the height of the clock tower is in weird proportion to it's width. I'd suggest to make it higher or thinner. Other than that, the progress looks very promising so far!

Yeah, I see, I have some stuff planned for it. Here is the reference I have been working from (Its the church in the village of Redu, Belgium which I visited whilst on vacation)

A685fa4.jpg

||| I will model these small windows

||| + ||| I am going to make these large liquid stains to fill where there is little to no detail

||| modify the window models to have the corner stones poking out, a bit like the building set (The bottom left windows) from the prior screenshots I posted

Also, I will be modifying the textures to match this image, as well as extending the clock tower slightly. I think it lacks height from my map's version where the spire is a bit taller and eight sided.

Yeah, I see, I have some stuff planned for it. Here is the reference I have been working from (Its the church in the village of Redu, Belgium which I visited whilst on vacation)

A685fa4.jpg

||| I will model these small windows

||| + ||| I am going to make these large liquid stains to fill where there is little to no detail

||| modify the window models to have the corner stones poking out, a bit like the building set (The bottom left windows) from the prior screenshots I posted

Also, I will be modifying the textures to match this image, as well as extending the clock tower slightly. I think it lacks height from my map's version where the spire is a bit taller and eight sided.

If you like to model, how about creating some of those for your church:

https://www.google.de/search?q=wasserspeier&biw=1366&bih=753&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSnv2G8qvLAhVhSZoKHUY9AOMQ_AUIBigB

Another potential great asset that allready amazing church could be one of these great round windows above the front entrance. A very complex one like at notre dame would be overdoing it for a relatively small church, but there are simple ones:

http://www.schottlandreise.org/abbeys/stmagnus/stmagnus.html

Please hurry finishing the map, I cant await seeing the final resut :-D

If you like to model, how about creating some of those for your church:

https://www.google.de/search?q=wasserspeier&biw=1366&bih=753&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSnv2G8qvLAhVhSZoKHUY9AOMQ_AUIBigB

Another potential great asset that allready amazing church could be one of these great round windows above the front entrance. A very complex one like at notre dame would be overdoing it for a relatively small church, but there are simple ones:

http://www.schottlandreise.org/abbeys/stmagnus/stmagnus.html

Please hurry finishing the map, I cant await seeing the final result :-D

I totally agree with this, the gargoyles would bring the church to the next level in terms of small detail, however would be pretty time consuming.

When I remake the church, again (going to work on it diagonally this time, instead of making the whole thing then rotating it creating horrible brush intersections everywhere), Ill set out with including a giant window on the front, steering towards a more arched design, like this one:

05220100.jpg

Thanks for your ideas! As for time, finishing this map is still quite a way yet :P

Map is looking GREAT so far keep it up do, wishing you the best in this project and beyond.

Unsure why i cant add you as a friend, we used to be friends on steam. I removed you by mistake and tried to re-add and tried recently too...

-Dar

Maybe de_divide or something that explains the theme of the map, the huge difference between the rich and the poor. I think thats a nice concept and could be worked out in the mapname.

The map looks nice Rosk. I hope the red statue is not a final creation :D. Its.. redddd

I don't know if the statue is pure for visuals or also for cover or something?

If it's just visuals u can also think of a pond with a small fountain or something, it will be less distracting but nice while walking by it and looking at it. Maybe have some leafs floating peacefully on the water and some fish swimming arround. 

Because while looking at earlier screenshots I feel pretty much distracted by all the 'vertical' details in and arround the paths. Like the plants, parasol, statue on the background and etc. I hope u won't put too much details that block the view of the player.