laerth

de_nadir

I don't think this is very fair. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, but this is not the only map that's been developed in different versions of Counter-Strike. If the older version of the map wasn't his design I could understand, but this is just a continuation of his work. I think an all or nothing rule needs to be in place, otherwise it's just picking on a specific entry. Realistically it's pretty clear that those who started their projects long before the contest or those working in coalitions will have a much better chance of winning anyways, this entry isn't going to tip the contest further than anyone else has.

Not trying to start arguments here, just stating my opinion.

I have to agree, I don't think that disallowing the map on the stated terms of everyone having a clear slate is appropriate when previous CS:GO non operation maps were allowed. It is really down to if he made this for CS:GO  originally rather than source etc it would be allowed.

Similar discussions have occurred on many maps throughout this contest and I think such matters should be made more clear in future ones in the original announcment.

Edited by Quotingmc

Out of fairness to the other entrants and in accordance with the rules, and only for those reasons, we've decided that this excellent map is not a good fit for our contest. 

The purpose of the no remake policy is to ensure that everyone has a clean slate coming into this contest, and a map with a 10 year heritage across multiple versions of Counter-Strike is simply not in line with that clean slate policy. Best of luck to you, I feel this map could very well find success in an Operation down the line.

I've moved this into it's own thread outside of the contest subforum.

I understand, and thanks for the kind words.