de_nadir

laerth

Sorry to say but your submission breaks the contest rules.

"Remakes of older maps are NOT allowed. All works must be original to you and their layouts must not have appeared in any prior versions of Counter-Strike."

I remember this map being in CS Source.

Edited by ics
fixed a typo

I just released a big update to de_nadir with a simplified layout, better textures, and a revamped B bombsite. Really curious to hear what you guys think. Thanks!

dude looks epic as fuck! some sweet brushwork right there!

love the theme, will need to take it for a spin

the one thing I'd consider would be to remove all lights (but keep the props) and have everything lit by daylight, especially in the bombed out building it kinda breaks the illusion of the lights still working while the roof is rip :)

Sorry to say but your submission breaks the contest rules.

"Remakes of older maps are NOT allowed. All works must be original to you and their layouts must not have appeared in any prior versions of Counter-Strike."

I remember this map being in CS Source.

Old map as in official one or creator's own old creation? Different things. Besides, it seems de_nadir isn't actually remake, but rework on the old map and not started from scratch. I'm not 100% sure though.

Edited by SotaPoika

Old map as in official one or creator's own old creation? Different things. Besides, it seems de_nadir isn't actually remake, but rework on the old map and not started from scratch. I'm not 100% sure though.

Someone who set the rules needs to reply to this then to make it clear is it or isn't it. Contest rule says that layout should not have appeared in any previous game.

I will need some more information about this entry if it will be allowed into the contest. How similar is this to the CS:Source counterpart? Is the layout identical or have substantial changes been made?

Without such information I'm not comfortable eliminating or allowing this. I think it fulfills the "original to you" clause, but unsure about the layout clause.

I just want to clarify that i'm not here to disqualify this map or give bad reputation for it.

I'm interested in the end result, because if it is allowed, i will submit 2 more maps that i previously completed along with the one i did just for this competition. They are all from based from CS Source maps partly, but greatly reworked, including the layouts. The reason why i have not submitted them, was this sentence: "their layouts must not have appeared in any prior versions of Counter-Strike."

Edited by ics
fixed spelling

This map is original to me. See: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/10923 or my original post on interlopers.net http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8456&hilit=de_beroth#p93547

This map was never part of any official CS:Source release. It was a third party map I released in 2006 that some people played on servers, but that's as far as it went. I also never actually finished it (never left _beta phase). Perhaps I misread the rules, but I assumed "must not have appeared in any prior versions of Counter-Strike" referred to official maps.

I've made significant changes to the layout, cutting out a big chunk of the first floor, rebuilt/relocated B bombsite, segmented some of the open spaces to constrict flow, etc.. Try out the map and you'll see that, while some of the core elements remain, there have been quite a few changes over the many months I've been working on this thing.

Anyway, I apologize if I've misunderstood the rules. I'll be bummed if you exclude it, but it's up to you :)

I think it looks cool, but why on earth are some terrorists risking their lives to blow up an embassy that has already been blown to pieces? In most cases, if anyone would blow up the rest of it, it would be the embassy security to make sure that none of their secret documents got into the hands of other people. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to be honest..

That being said, I think the theme would be an absolutely amazing hostage map, but you're probably a bit too into the development to easily change it around.

This map is original to me. See: http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/10923 or my original post on interlopers.net http://www.interlopers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8456&hilit=de_beroth#p93547

This map was never part of any official CS:Source release. It was a third party map I released in 2006 that some people played on servers, but that's as far as it went. I also never actually finished it (never left _beta phase). Perhaps I misread the rules, but I assumed "must not have appeared in any prior versions of Counter-Strike" referred to official maps.

I've made significant changes to the layout, cutting out a big chunk of the first floor, rebuilt/relocated B bombsite, segmented some of the open spaces to constrict flow, etc.. Try out the map and you'll see that, while some of the core elements remain, there have been quite a few changes over the many months I've been working on this thing.

Anyway, I apologize if I've misunderstood the rules. I'll be bummed if you exclude it, but it's up to you :)

I'll get back to you on this issue after I've consulted with some other judges.

Way to dust off the old stash, 10 years later and still mapping!?

Would really like to test this map in both 10v10 and 5v5 to see how it plays out. Felt like there's plenty of angles to hold indoors giving each players plenty of cover on their way to the sites. I think not only clipping the stairs is a good idea, but also the outdoor areas. I'm paying as much attention to the objects I should be avoiding on the ground as I am looking for enemies to shoot. I wouldn't remove the cars entirely but instead just place them either underneath the ground or put a displacement brush of debris over half of the car to keep the environment feeling busy.

On a side note, I'm not sure how hard it would be to completely eliminate the indoor lighting and replace it with natural light since it is more than likely the only lights that would be working in the building would are emergency. 

Out of fairness to the other entrants and in accordance with the rules, and only for those reasons, we've decided that this excellent map is not a good fit for our contest. 

The purpose of the no remake policy is to ensure that everyone has a clean slate coming into this contest, and a map with a 10 year heritage across multiple versions of Counter-Strike is simply not in line with that clean slate policy. Best of luck to you, I feel this map could very well find success in an Operation down the line.

I've moved this into it's own thread outside of the contest subforum.

The differences between the CS:S version and CS:GO version are too minor to overcome our barrier on remakes. 

I have to agree, I don't think that disallowing the map on the stated terms of everyone having a clear slate is appropriate when previous CS:GO non operation maps were allowed. It is really down to if he made this for CS:GO  originally rather than source etc it would be allowed.