Sign in to follow this  
Puddy

Gibhard

Well, at least he's already got a ton of support of us. But if there's no Core or Hurg reference in there we're going to need to have a talk @Pericolos0!

I can only imagine what a splash, literally splash of blood, the multiplayer will be. Is there an option to control if the gibs/blood remain in the level?

Still deciding whether or not I should launch as early access.. I do plan on supporting and updating it after release. Big thing I want to do after initial release is adding in multiplayer :).

Great to hear you closing up on things.

I guess the early access depends on the completion status and how confident you are in meeting deadlines for after release. I guess one could also see it as a marketing device, I suppose there are other indies that have shared their experience.

I can say that personally I'm really looking forward to this, but wouldn't want to get something very buggy and have to wait months and months to be able to enjoy it. I'd be happy to buy early (for discounted price) and try the game like a demo if you will.

Well, when it comes to Early Access, people say that games have only one release date and it's very true. By picking EA you should know that after a final release the peak won't jump dramatically because it's no longer EA, it's tested etc. so if you fail at the beginning, the result can be very bad even after the "real" release. I would suggest to make a closed beta and polish the game as much as you can. Then run the game in EA or Greenlight with cool updates and marketing in mind but make sure your start will be kicked. The other thing is, if you need cash for voiceovers or music then EA would be nice. Anyway, good luck man and think twice! It has a huge potential! :)

EDIT: 

I guess you know this article but if not, take a look [link].

Edited by seir

Well, when it comes to Early Access, people say that games have only one release date and it's very true. By picking EA you should know that after a final release the peak won't jump dramatically because it's no longer EA, it's tested etc. so if you fail at the beginning, the result can be very bad even after the "real" release. I would suggest to make a closed beta and polish the game as much as you can. Then run the game in EA or Greenlight with cool updates and marketing in mind but make sure your start will be kicked. The other thing is, if you need cash for voiceovers or music then EA would be nice. Anyway, good luck man and think twice! It has a huge potential! :)

EDIT: 

I guess you know this article but if not, take a look [link].

Thanks for sharing man!

I've been thinking about this a lot, and maybe early access doesn't really make that much sense in my case, as I don't really need the cash for development. I definitely want it to be as fully featured as possible on release so I should probably just call it a "real" release :).

That approach might be for the best, also considering that the game looks quite far along (?). Full releases need that extra bit of polish though, so be sure to get trusty testers to help you out! Preferably as soon as possible. Because science.

:cool: