Sign in to follow this  
Klems

[WIP] DE_BOURG

Looks great, just the simple fact that the bomb pointers are in yellow looks very nice on this map imo. Will add it and play when I get some time later :)

Didn't seem flat at all to me when I played it, so I suggest doing that before commenting on the lighting. Could open up some more in some indoor areas to make more interesting lighting there, but otherwise I really liked the map. Played with bots, they are not superbright so hard to say what works or not :)

I have personally found this to be one of the recent visually most impressive maps I have seen. I remember I played this a few months back and I was surprised it hasn't yet gone in an operation, as the gameplay seemed very solid already. Given that this contest is about may the best map enter an operation, I think this is one of the biggest contenders in the contest.

Good luck man!

Thanks for the comments!

I'll see what I can do with the lights. I tried adding spotlights in bombsite B but it looked bad. I haven't changed the sunlight, only the post processing changed (as far as I remember).

The fields will definitely be vertex painted.

I tried things

Uodt9ni.jpg

Ot6YWwK.jpg

tnR9ZJM.jpg

There's picture above for comparisons, the sunlight is slightly more colored and the sky appears more pinkish.

For some reason the 4way blend doesn't work, I'm not sure why. One of the texture appears darker than it should, and it changes when you move the mouse.

2 things really stick out like a sore thumb for me on this map (which is damn fun to play, let me say that :P)

- the glass window on mid makes for awkward fights. It soaks up damage and should really be changed

- The 'smoke grenade here plz' sign feels too contrived. I know you were going for a training area theme but I dislike assets that tell players how to play a map- more so for a smoke that gives the terrorists a lot of control of mid

- the glass window on mid makes for awkward fights. It soaks up damage and should really be changed

The damage soak is forgivable IMO but it was more about the bullet impact decals and particles obscuring vision for me, especially at long-range engagements across mid. I actually liked the creativity of allowing engagements but forcing players to run around to adjust timing but I could see how it'd be frustrating in a competitive setting.

Someone suggested making the map a bit brighter; maybe it might mitigate the visibilty issue for that glass?

Gameplay-wise, everything felt fine. The outside bombsite had a really accessible choke for CT's (just smoke it off then you have access into the back of the mid-T area) but then again, it could just be the meta for the map.

Good luck! We need more sunset/sunrise maps!

Edited by kinggambit

Sign in to follow this