Sign in to follow this  
Laysteel

[CSGO] de_gallery

This might be a dumb question: the skylight-style glass fixtures on the A site floor are bulletproof, correct? :)

Really liking the look so far, and your organic shapes are very nice. Going to study the top down a bit more now. 

EDIT:
Initial thoughts on bombsites is that they might have too many entrances. Also, it's tough to gauge how much cover will be at the sites: will you add props (actual gallery art pieces!? :D) to act as cover or more structural elements?

Mid looks like it's very long, so AWPers will have some battles there. Any covers going to be added in the middle of the Mid stretch?

Edited by soultron

This might be a dumb question: the skylight-style glass fixtures on the A site floor are bulletproof, correct? :)

Really liking the look so far, and your organic shapes are very nice. Going to study the top down a bit more now. 

EDIT:
Initial thoughts on bombsites is that they might have too many entrances. Also, it's tough to gauge how much cover will be at the sites: will you add props (actual gallery art pieces!? :D) to act as cover or more structural elements?

Mid looks like it's very long, so AWPers will have some battles there. Any covers going to be added in the middle of the Mid stretch?

hi! thanks for your comment

Yes the glastextures are bulletproof :D would be weird if you'd suddently fall down and be trapped.
the Layout Screenshot is kind of outdated since i am working on the map nearly everyday.
Yes there will be props and only playtesting will show if there needs to be added cover. Its going to be a healthy mix between the Structural cover and props.
I intend to use much custom content and of course since its a gallery there are going to be a lot of Artworks (not sure if it is legal to just use real art pieces by other artists) :)

Edited by Laysteel

Hey guys!
i've been working on the map a lot and the Layout + the looks changed a bit... this version also got submitted by to playtesting so whoever wants to test it out has the change then.
Hopefully the playtesting session i sugested works out, if so it should happen on the 9th. of august.
here are some Screenshots (quite a lot but there can never be enough)!

hope you like it, tell me what you think.

Edit: i know for now it looks alot like agency but i dont think that it will be on a skyscraper in the final version. Also i plan to use a lot of custom models and textures (thanks to an awesome guy called @Wrakk) and not using any agency assets at the end.

de_gallery radar jpg.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-11-10-97.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-11-32-37.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-11-46-58.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-11-55-93.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-12-33-97.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-12-43-72.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-12-57-49.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-13-03-41.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-13-10-39.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-13-35-36.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-14-00-80.jpg

csgo 2015-07-29 01-14-13-17.jpg

Edited by Laysteel

Can we get some sort of workshop link? I'd like to have a look at it in game to test some stuff out.

Hi DooM!
yeah im not too familiar with dropbox-link sharing stuff yet but tell me if this works - 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xwys9eut35ic5t/de_gallery.bsp?dl=0
you can just download the bsp and put it in your csgo/maps folder :) 

Why playtesting it so late?

i sadly dont have anytime this week anymore and i think it would be best to do it on a weekend since more people are available (at least thats why i chose sunday)
also im almost certain that i can attend the playtest myself at that date which is important.
EDIT: you can download the map with the link above and give me info before we playtest the map now too though if you want :)

Edited by Laysteel

I will try it. I asked because the sooner the better. Your map looks solid, so you won't get trashed like I did yesterday, but you'll find that they will exploit what is wrong with your map, for example flanking will be game breaking if it is possible. That way you have a valuable idea of what to change, and what's good :)

Just some thoughts:

This crossfire between the connectors on mid is nice, It's nice for stopping B splits but I think CTs are too exposed to mid to actually use this angle, maybe close up the angles to mid and make them occur later up the connector if CTs want to play mid aggressively

JQ6bM9P.jpg

This bare corridor leading to the A balcony should have some game-play elements to play around. CTs can self boost and rush aggressively onto the balcony thus meaning Ts should some way to punish this aggression something like B apps on mirage.

DivNJi1.jpg

This angle through CT spawn is quite long it might not be an issue but could become one if Ts push out of the bombsite and try to flank.

oyoUX6d.jpg

I think this curved wall could provide some issues if CTs boost someone up onto the balcony at B. You can't really peek a curved corner therefore if a CT decides to rush this area, killing him could be easy and not provide a worthy gamble for CT.

zAsxGme.jpg

There's this angle from the CT stairs into the A connector which could be quite powerful.

rQCqVUv.jpg

There's also another head-peek from the mid stairs to the window which also could be powerful.

txWopeL.jpg

Edited by DooM

Hey DooM,

Thanks for taking your time to give me this ( really quality) feedback, You are right with most of what you said and i can totally agree with you and will try to fix these problems. 

The one thing i think is up to playtesting though is the curved wall since i think it creates an interesting gameplay area, if people like it it will stay, if not you were right :) 

Those headshot angles are actually pretty easy to fix and i will do that so they are not apparent in the playtesting version.

Can you explain furter on the crossfire situation? I dont think i quite get your point there... ( and some possible solutions to the problem?)

I wanna thank you again for your feedback, have a nice day :)

EDIT: the playtesting version will be a siglty refined version of the map with consideration of this feedback :)

Edited by Laysteel
change on map

The whole idea behind the crossfire in mid is that if Ts kill the CT window or smoke it they pretty much have free reign of mid, this means to try and stop a split via a connector onto a bombsite could become taxing as well as keeping mid control for late round rotations. The crossfire basically allows for vision onto the opposite connector from where you are standing thus allowing for mid control to still be available but also allowing CTs to play aggressively to stop pushes. This also allows some tactical play to emerge.

Small think that may make a big difference. I think the main feature piece on B, the zig zagged pillar, should be changed I think it visually doesn't look as good or fit in with the rest of the map. Everything else looks impeccable.

Also maybe increase the number or cube maps on some of the walls in mid. The lighting looks very blocky.

Small think that may make a big difference. I think the main feature piece on B, the zig zagged pillar, should be changed I think it visually doesn't look as good or fit in with the rest of the map. Everything else looks impeccable.

Also maybe increase the number or cube maps on some of the walls in mid. The lighting looks very blocky.

Yes you are right, but for now the visuals are less important than the gameplay, if the layout fits and works out well i will defenetly get into the details but its not worth doing now. does anybody have an idea what i could do instead of the zic-zac pillar in B? this was just something that could have worked and has some space inbetween for crucial Grenades for both teams.

Yes you are right, but for now the visuals are less important than the gameplay, if the layout fits and works out well i will defenetly get into the details but its not worth doing now. does anybody have an idea what i could do instead of the zic-zac pillar in B? this was just something that could have worked and has some space inbetween for crucial Grenades for both teams.

Maybe a similar thing but smaller such as:

http://www.hgdecoration.com/gallery/modern-sculpture-artists-pictures/modern-sculpture-artists2.jpg

Still needs to be fairly square though to stop odd angles to shoot around in a very important area.

Edited by Quotingmc