PrvokingPerch - None that I am aware of - will try and get a build ready for a Mapcore test sometime soon, so maybe look out for that.

Dis a lot of bug fixes and optimisation, plus some more polish - adding a few more meshes in places to make areas look less "brushy", and improving the sites/route to A. Always seems a bit tricky, since adding a few bits of foliage seems to make some areas a little noisy.

coast_37.jpg

coast_38.jpg

coast_39.jpgcoast_40.jpg

Couple of people asked me about the night version - I did a decent amount of work trying to get it looking good - but visibility always seems to be an issue, plus the map always has to be compiled and tested to see if areas and visibility is an issue. So for now, I will focus on polishing day one, then when I have more time, see if I can get a night one working well. Some test images of the night setting - one saturated, one less so.

coast_41.jpgcoast_42.jpg

One thing I was wondering about is the spawn priority. I have the 5 spawns on each team set to priority 1 - yet they don't seem to be always be prioritised in 5 v 5. Still seems random. Anyone know if it is possible to lock the spawns so it is always the same 5 every time so that matches are more predictable?

[SNIP]

One thing I was wondering about is the spawn priority. I have the 5 spawns on each team set to priority 1 - yet they don't seem to be always be prioritised in 5 v 5. Still seems random. Anyone know if it is possible to lock the spawns so it is always the same 5 every time so that matches are more predictable?

This might not be the correct answer but you have to change the priority of all the spawns, as spawn priority 1 is lower than the default priority 0 (highest priority). Negative numbers might work as well but haven't tried that out yet.

This might not be the correct answer but you have to change the priority of all the spawns, as spawn priority 1 is lower than the default priority 0 (highest priority). Negative numbers might work as well but haven't tried that out yet.

Yeah, what I do is make the priority spawns have a spawn priority of 1, and the extra spawns a priority of 2. Sometimes I'll have a few with priority 3 that are only used when there's more then 10 players on a team.

Yeah, what I do is make the priority spawns have a spawn priority of 1, and the extra spawns a priority of 2. Sometimes I'll have a few with priority 3 that are only used when there's more then 10 players on a team.

Hehe I just put -100 for the important ones

Thanks for the replies! Since the spawns are prioritised by lowest number first, I just set them from 1 to 16 on each team - gave it a test with bots, and the same 5 are used every time, making the meeting times much more predictable with fewer players. 1 to 16 seems to make the most sense to me, since you can prioritise all of them in order.

1 to 16 seems to make the most sense to me, since you can prioritise all of them in order.

Pretty late to dig this up but seeing as this the thread has already been revived maybe someone down the line will benefit:

An element of some maps is to have "random spawns" like Dust2 which give different weighted timings to each site for variety. You can assign multiple spawns the same value so they are equally weighted. Set a basic group of spawns at value 1 for up to 10v10 and any spawns beyond that as 2 so some spawns are only activated when there are a large number of people on the server and still don't get cluttered.