The community is clamouring for a "night map" and that could be a real bonus for you, especially being an original layout rather than a bastardised version of a stock map, and yours is possibly bright enough to make it work...

But on the other hand, the day scene just looks so right and would probably be preferred competitively. It's not just about being able to see the enemy, it's also about weapons on the floor, how much harder it is to see people against blood splatters, reference points for throwing nades.

I would personally go for the competitive side of things, but then that's just me and my personal battle against this throwaway mentality the csgo community have for the new maps, partially fostered by the operations.

Unfortunately, I could not submit the updated map in time :(. Disappointed! The map has a few too many small things that need fixing. Really want to get out a new one asap. Hopefully This week.

Thanks for the comments on the light/dark choice. Regarding the night one, I did a basic test with just the dark sky and light_env. In the areas that already have point lights, I think it looks nicer. However, in the areas without the point lights, and the interiors (really dark fog), the map looks a lot worse. So it will definitely require a decent amount of work to move it over to a night theme, but I think it is probably the best way to go. For now though, I need to fix the smaller things that are making the map a bit rough to play.

Unfortunately, I could not submit the updated map in time :(. Disappointed! The map has a few too many small things that need fixing. Really want to get out a new one asap. Hopefully This week.

Thanks for the comments on the light/dark choice. Regarding the night one, I did a basic test with just the dark sky and light_env. In the areas that already have point lights, I think it looks nicer. However, in the areas without the point lights, and the interiors (really dark fog), the map looks a lot worse. So it will definitely require a decent amount of work to move it over to a night theme, but I think it is probably the best way to go. For now though, I need to fix the smaller things that are making the map a bit rough to play.

Your entry has been submitted and you can continue to update it throughout the contest if chosen as a finalist.

Some tiny fixes for you:

ON51KAe.jpg Floating foliage.XepXNf6.jpg And also these displacements weren't sewn under the water and the pillars don't reach to the ground. Obviously not super important since you can't see under the water anyways but regardless figured that displacement errors are still displacement errors.

The visual aspect of this map is incredibly stunning, and while I'd be curious to see how that night version would look and play you've got a really superb map as it is regardless. The tone and lighting are very warming and the architecture is incredibly pleasing to look at. Great work and good luck in the remainder of the contest!

Edited by VIOLATION

Visibility and layout seems nice. I really like the tower in the middle of the map and the area beneath it, it's a nice landmark to have.

Is this an old map refitted for the contest? I distinctly remember the Long A area, but looking at screenshots in the front page it looks like you made it from scratch.

http://imgur.com/a/MUqMZ

http://i.imgur.com/CW6pI7O.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dQe5DOc.jpg

This spot here should be fully removed. or at least remove the area behind the crates so terrorists don't have to fully commit to a peek.

http://i.imgur.com/cRipZlX.jpg

headpeek on mid. CT side abused the fuck outta this :P

Edit- the fountain on the path to B- the bomb got stuck in here. fill with a invisible brush.

Edited by Vaya

Thanks for feedback and comments guys.

Vivi - new one which will be arriving sometime next week will have a lot of stuff fixed. If possible, would be great to go through that build. Would be most useful!

Klems - really appreciate you taking the time to post some images. Will take a look at Bourg and the other maps and post some stuff soon.

Vaya - mid has been reworked a little, so will see what the feednback is on the adjustment.

P1g3oN - Build I am working on has slightly different timing - hopefully better!

FMPONE - I don't think it will be possible before the deadline to get the night one in. I am working crazy hours on the map atm to get it as solid as possible. I think I will know more for definite early next week.

If it was just a case of changing the light_env and the skybox texture, it would be easy - but the fog made the 3D skybox stuff look weird, and changing it to other colours and distances to look good in the 3D sky, meant that the 3D skybox towers in the main map then looked broken. The areas without point lights also looked bad, but those will be easy enough. So it was just a case of prioritising other stuff first, before spending some proper time on changing it to night.