[WIP] de_coast

• 3 weeks later...

Vaya - The rock walls are not ideal, but the best solution I have for cover in those parts. Previously they were arches, and then bsp walls. Definitely looked worse than the rock walls. I am open to suggestions on a replacement for them.

Spent time on some important tasks. Like adding caged chickens to eye candy areas!

coast_18.jpg

Also got the base down for the T entrance to mid. Looks less gamey now I think. Still a rectangle shape like before - just less obvious. Will do some detailing, and add the cover next.

coast_16.jpgcoast_17.jpg

Vaya - The rock walls are not ideal, but the best solution I have for cover in those parts. Previously they were arches, and then bsp walls. Definitely looked worse than the rock walls. I am open to suggestions on a replacement for them.

Spent time on some important tasks. Like adding caged chickens to eye candy areas!

coast_18.jpg

Also got the base down for the T entrance to mid. Looks less gamey now I think. Still a rectangle shape like before - just less obvious. Will do some detailing, and add the cover next.

coast_16.jpgcoast_17.jpg

*Sorry for long-as* quote but okay*

Haha, the chicken cage, I remember doing it the inefficient way.

Basically all I did was remove collisions with the cage prop and add a hollow clipping brush around the cage so that the chicken could move around inside it. What's your approach to this may I ask?

Also, I know this is silly, map looks freaking awesome!

Squad - yeah, will adjust the door and window - is probably too close. The chickens - hopefully be updating map soon to the workshop, so you can decompile map and see the entities and just add them from there. If you want to see now - I can post up a vmf of them.

TheGuma - See above! I must admit, I am disappointed I never thought of that method. Seems pretty sensible to me!

Could not live with Vaya's crit about the rock walls, so replaced the obvious candidates with cars. Which then led to a road - and the other bits that go with it. Thinking it is worth adding more road to other areas since it gives a bit more plausibility. Still no 3d skybox yet.

coast_20.jpg

Edited by OrnateBaboon

• 3 weeks later...

Go with the night theme, it seems you lit up the environment enough for people to see each other, and I'm sure after a few playtests you can add some extra lights if you need to. If I was to describe a map based on resources used from Italy and Cobble, it would hard to pin it down, at this time your map would be the first night map crafted around those resources that stands out. Well done, by the way.

• FMPONE pinned this topic

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies