I have yet to run around the map, but visually I love how it looks.

However, what's with the name? Couldn't you spice it up a bit? Why not just call it "Riviera" as from my understanding, that's the word for coastline in Italian anyway?

I don't think the current name does your map justice :(

Thanks for comments.

jackophant - went for the name because it is simple and descriptive. Riviera is more accurate for sure, but not as simple. Harder to spell as well!

Spent weekend doing some real dirty stuff. 3 areas of map look uber rough. T spawn, and both sites. Not happy with the spaces. Doing the worst area first -T Spawn. Removed all the old stuff, pulled the buildings back, and trying to make look more organic/less contrived. Also need to have better potential for performance. Will lose the overhang if performance allows for it.

T Spawn

de_coast_11.jpgde_coast_12.jpg

blackdog - map being a bit busy in places is something I will definitely work on for a final build. I really don't want it to be hard to spot players! The main thing I am trying to do at the moment is at least make each area consistent. I will level things out after that.

No 3d sky yet since I will have to rebuild it due to moving the T spawn buildings back. This area is also a little bit busy, but for now will do.

coast_14.jpg

Managed to make a dent in one of the other areas. Better shape to work with now I think. Added a squeaky door to one of the entrances to make it harder for T's to push - you can see the green exit sign over the top of it. Will add cover and do more detailing next.

B Site

coast_15.jpg