[wip] de_greenford

seba079

de_greenford is my entry into the CSGO mapping contest. It takes place in and around a London Underground station (while the name is taken from a real station, the layout is not); the terrorists can bomb either a train platform at bombsite B or some mysterious boxes at bombsite A. It is also my first map for Counter-Strike so I've no clue how it'll play, but hopefully the many hours spent watching pro CSGO will be of use c:

Steam workshop

Imgur album (outdated as of a2)

Edited by seba079

I'm probably more clueless than you when it comes to CS:GO level design, but I did notice that there aren't a lot of opportunities to rotate between the bombsites. If you're at A and need to go to B (or vice versa) there's pretty much only one route to take (assuming you don't go onto the enemy's side of the map).

I'm probably more clueless than you when it comes to CS:GO level design, but I did notice that there aren't a lot of opportunities to rotate between the bombsites. If you're at A and need to go to B (or vice versa) there's pretty much only one route to take (assuming you don't go onto the enemy's side of the map).

The most popular cs:go map de_dust2 has only one safe way to rotate aswell (through ct-spawn). I really don't see the problem. Same with inferno

The most popular cs:go map de_dust2 has only one safe way to rotate aswell (through ct-spawn). I really don't see the problem. Same with inferno

Don't agree. You can go short on dust2, which is a lot safer if the other team has an awper as you can get through with one flash then. Will play this map before I comment on it specifically though.

Edited by biXen

a2:

- added way back up to upper A exit

- added oneway route from upper A exit to main B hall

- added small route from A grass (lower A exit) that exits on A site near truck

- added some lights around A

- moved B plantzone away from train

While the one-way route is probably going to mostly be used to quickly rotate from A to B, it's also possible to boost a teammate onto the ladder from the bottom. I've considered putting a door in the new sideroute but we'll see if that's at all necessary; also I'm wondering if the outside areas aren't too dark (which means that they probably are), but that's an easy fix.

I would suggest making it a more generic metro rather than London underground as the station bears little resemblance to any London Underground station I have ever been to.

He hasn't detailed it yet, so it is hard for it to resemble real metro station a lot.

But I do agree that London Underground isn't the most interesting setting, you could go for an old setting like Moscow subway, which is magnificent, or if you prefer with a more modern style,  like subways in Japan for instance, it would be more clean and futuristic, and less look like the usual maps!