Is it working well for some? I think there are 4K videos on YT.

Also, this is the first time I hear talk about Dishonored next to Doom… thought they were using updated engine from the previous.

Wiki says this uses a customised Tech 5… so it's misleading comparing it to Doom imo!

Edited by blackdog

To think I sold my PS4 copy so I could get the pc version. I'll wait until next year. But now I understand why we didn't get a pc key to review when we asked for it. I think this is the only industry in which companies know their shit doesn't work but they still sell it AND consumers are perfectly ok with that. Sure, they bitch and moan but at the end of the day they still preorder and buy it.

I had a horrible sore throat today and stayed home so I had time to finish the game. Clocking in at around 35 hours of gameplay, which is a lot considering some people finished it around the 12 hour mark. That's one of the wonderful things about this game, you really can tackle it however the fuck you want, and I really appreciate it for it. I managed to finish the game by killing only a couple of enemies since I wanted to try and get the good ending, and I loved the game for this, you wont fail the game if you kill a person or two per level, but if you do go on a killing frenzy there's a few repercussions for it. 

I'm very glad I ticked off the objectives in the game's HUD, the levels felt a lot more like a real sandbox, it made me look at signs, read maps and actually look around for specific locations so I'm able to progress in the story. Meaningful exploration is one of my favourit things to do in video games, and I really think Dishonored 2 nailed this specific bullet point.

This game feels like what I wanted Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to be, instead of one big hub with no natural flow to the environments, this game offers different levels all with their own twists and they flow into each other wonderfully. It's the perfect balance between linearity and sandbox environments. The level design is amazing, if I were to rank my favourit thing about this game that's gotta be it. The verticality, explorability, nooks and crannies to explore and there's always at least 2 or 3 different paths to an objective. And if you want to explore the environment, the Runes are a great incentive to do so, some of those fuckers are hidden really well, even with the heart they're really hard to find, resulting in a very rewarding feeling when you do find them. (I think I must have found 90% of all runes in the game)
Every level has a black market shop so you can spend the coins you find throughout the game, the economy feels fair and I never really felt I had too many coins with me so I kept coming back to the shops as soon as I had money for specific upgrades I wanted.

Also, to every single environment artist that worked on this, I hope you're damn proud of what you achieved here. My wife saw me play the game, and she'd ask me: "Why are you taking screenshots of walls? lol" It's a jaw dropping good looking game with it's own DNA and niche, that's not easy to do and you guys nailed it from concept to execution. I loved the tall architecture of Karnaca. (Even if it does result in some really weird and long flights of stairs xD)

As for negatives, there's not a lot to mention really, but I wish the music was a little better, I love me a good score or even a memorable theme music and this is kind of absent from D2.
Another thing I might mention is that the AI is sometimes a little lackluster, after playing The Last of Us, almost all sneaking games I play pale in comparison to that game's masterful AI, where enemies actually take cover, they attack you in packs, if they realize you have a weapon they try to outflank you and when you do manage to take down almost every enemy in a group the last guy shits his pants and tries to get outta dodge. It's little things like this that I would love to see in a game like D2, an AI that actually surprises me and feels believable.
As for the combat, I wish there was more ways to knock out enemies for those wanting to do a non lethal gameplay. One of the few ways to do it other than sneak from behind is to parry and immediately choke the enemy, this results in really awkward pauses during fights where you're just waiting for the enemy to strike you. It would be great if we had a blunt weapon in D2 so I can knock out people if they do engage in combat with me.

Dishonored 2, brought to you by the same guy who directed Deus Ex Invisible war is my GOTY 2016. Congratulations Arkane, always happy and proud to see a quality game like this coming out of Europe.

8 hours ago, (HP) said:

And if you want to explore the environment, the Runes are a great incentive to do so, some of those fuckers are hidden really well, even with the heart they're really hard to find, resulting in a very rewarding feeling when you do find them. (I think I must have found 90% of all runes in the game)

This is a good point, but it reminded me of one thing I didn't like about the game - I made it my aim to collect all of the runes and bone-charms but on the time travelling mansion level I killed the main bad guy and progressed things to the point where the layout of the house was permanently altered, before I'd finished collecting them. This meant that I was unable to go back into the house to collect the ones I missed and by the time I realised I had no save game to go back to. Considering that you can't load into certain chapters via the main menu to finish them off this was an annoyance, I carried on collecting the rest but it was frustrating to miss those ones.  

Every level has a black market shop so you can spend the coins you find throughout the game, the economy feels fair and I never really felt I had too many coins with me so I kept coming back to the shops as soon as I had money for specific upgrades I wanted.

I enjoyed the fact that you could break into every shop and just rob all the stuff :)

Edited by PaulH

36 minutes ago, PaulH said:

I enjoyed the fact that you could break into every shop and just rob all the stuff :)

I noticed you can but I was unable to break into a single shop lol. I assume the keys / codes are really well hidden.

I've only played to the start of the first mission and I already love it.

The game never tries to cram the story and action down your throat like you have a mental disability... and you actually have the option to just take your time and breath it all in. Everything I've seen so far takes this into account and the levels are just full of stuff to explore and experience. ie. some odd little house at the corner no one would event bother to look at, and in there you find some little nugget of loot, some voice recorder with a little story of the owner. Sometimes it just makes all the difference.

Edited by WD

54 minutes ago, 3Dnj said:

I'm deseperate right now because i've made a cool reference in my level and I don't see anyone who found it on the internetz :(

HpiPGEz.jpg

Please tell me you know that !

Ahaha man xD

7 hours ago, 3Dnj said:

I'm deseperate right now because i've made a cool reference in my level and I don't see anyone who found it on the internetz :(

HpiPGEz.jpg

Please tell me you know that !

Session 9 right?