17 minutes ago, (HP) said:

Have you tried it with a controller?

No I don't own one for PC unfortunately, but I'm sure that would work a lot better than m+kb. I'm a bit surprised though since the first game was excellent with m+kb.

10 hours ago, (HP) said:

Have you tried it with a controller?

Currently reviewing it for the PS4. Plays remarkably well with a controller. 

Art is great, sound is great and the story interests me. But I'm definitely inclined to believe the mouse sens is tied to framerate, which really kills the experience for me :-( I don't know how easy it is to fix an engine thing like that, but I hope they can.

Someone posted a video showing exactly what I'm experiencing: https://www.reddit.com/r/dishonored/comments/5ce4pm/dishonored_2_mouse_problems_example/

Edited by grapen

On 10/11/2016 at 1:15 AM, Sentura said:

Watched the first minute and got turned off so badly when they started talking about the abilities. It already feels like the player is going to be the living embodiment of a power fantasy instead of focusing on what seems to be an otherwise well constructed immersive sim experience. Maybe I'm just not in the target demographic anymore.

Saw another review calling it a "worthy sequel to Thief". I don't think they remember what Thief was all about:

This is fully due to the amount of money it costs to make a game these days. if you are investing a couple of million in a product you want to ensure it reaches the widest base. Remove the risk to do this.

Same with music...films...tv...

You CAN however choose to refuse supernatural powers, the game asks you if you want them. That's cool, I chose not to get them and will do a 100% pacifist and 100% ghost run. Whenever the game gets playable with a mouse. Sorry for that super minor spoiler.

4 hours ago, Vaya said:

This is fully due to the amount of money it costs to make a game these days. if you are investing a couple of million in a product you want to ensure it reaches the widest base. Remove the risk to do this.

Same with music...films...tv...

Of course it's to do with the money, but that doesn't really excuse anything. Dark Souls made a bunch of money, the new call of duty is essentially an old deathmatch multiplayer game among other things. There is a slight evolution happening, and imo games like Dishonored should be there at the frontlines capitalizing on it. It isn't. Then come the comparisons by reviewers that are basically lying about what the game is about. What really bugs me is that there is a great game underneath everything, but it just feels over designed. At a certain point they should just have started culling abilities and features instead of adding them. The blink and the shared fate abilities instantly come to mind as the worst of the bunch. Completely unnecessary and detrimental to the experience.

31 minutes ago, Sentura said:

The blink and the shared fate abilities instantly come to mind as the worst of the bunch. Completely unnecessary and detrimental to the experience.

They solved that by letting you choose :-) I don't know if it has any inpact on the story and environment, but I sure hope so.

20 minutes ago, grapen said:

They solved that by letting you choose :-) I don't know if it has any inpact on the story and environment, but I sure hope so.

yeah except encounters/solutions are designed with the powers in mind. Besides that, "don't use it" is a terrible excuse since the experience is ruined by the time your suspension of disbelief is lifted as you realize you can basically no clip levels to the finish line. Certainly not something that screams 60 bucks to me.

Just now, Sentura said:

Besides that, "don't use it" is a terrible excuse since the experience is ruined by the time your suspension of disbelief is lifted as you realize you can basically no clip levels to the finish line.

No, there's literally an event in the game thats asks you: do you want supernatural powers or not?