Yeah, I played it on the PS4 but I wanted to see if it would work on my pc (GTX 960) but Nvidia sets everything to low and when I change it, the performance drops significantly. I didn't really enjoy this with a controller (even though the game is great) so I haven't finished the PS4 version. There haven't been any new patches so I suppose I'll never finish it which is such a shame :(

3 hours ago, Sprony said:

Yeah, I played it on the PS4 but I wanted to see if it would work on my pc (GTX 960) but Nvidia sets everything to low and when I change it, the performance drops significantly. I didn't really enjoy this with a controller (even though the game is great) so I haven't finished the PS4 version. There haven't been any new patches so I suppose I'll never finish it which is such a shame :(

There was an update recently but the performance wasn't bumped enough unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Puddy said:

There was an update recently but the performance wasn't bumped enough unfortunately.

Aside the issues with v-sync I had, I found that the anti aliasing and v-sync were causing the most present issues. I have stable framerate between 45 and 90 with an r9 fury on ultra 1080p with just AA turned down to fxaa high and v-sync off. With those i had terrible framerate and lots of stuttering. Maybe that could help you guys! 

5 hours ago, Sprony said:

Yeah, I played it on the PS4 but I wanted to see if it would work on my pc (GTX 960) but Nvidia sets everything to low and when I change it, the performance drops significantly.

Yeah, I noticed that too @Puddy. That was a good suggestion @laminutederire. I've been experimenting a bit more and I now have a decent performance with nice visuals. I still have some micro stutter in the cutscenes, but nothing too serious. If the demo keeps this up, I'll get the pc version as well. Because I'm already hooked again :)

21 hours ago, Puddy said:

Did you update you graphics driver? I bought and tried the game with and without updating the driver. With the newest one I got an increase of about 15 frames on a 770.

On a different note, I really tried giving this game a chance... but it's just not working. I attempted it with the "no powers mode" and ended up just being frustrated, because none of the levels seem to be designed with no powers in mind. In addition to that, on the third mission I got stuck and had to restart because the path I had chosen lead to a dead end without powers. When I tried to go back my path was blocked by a guard that I had no way of getting around without either getting spotted or killing him from a range. Both of which aren't the ghost way I would have liked to play the game. Beyond that, the world feels empty and soulless, the story is boring and inauthentic (immediately upon a new contender for the throne, all the guards switch loyality without needing further proof? really?) and the AI feels gamey. I kind of wish I had given it less of a chance, because then at least I could have gotten my money back. Oh well.

7 minutes ago, Sentura said:

On a different note, I really tried giving this game a chance... but it's just not working. I attempted it with the "no powers mode" and ended up just being frustrated, because none of the levels seem to be designed with no powers in mind. In addition to that, on the third mission I got stuck and had to restart because the path I had chosen lead to a dead end without powers. When I tried to go back my path was blocked by a guard that I had no way of getting around without either getting spotted or killing him from a range. Both of which aren't the ghost way I would have liked to play the game. Beyond that, the world feels empty and soulless, the story is boring and inauthentic (immediately upon a new contender for the throne, all the guards switch loyality without needing further proof? really?) and the AI feels gamey. I kind of wish I had given it less of a chance, because then at least I could have gotten my money back. Oh well.

Every level has a solution in no powers mode. I've done it and the devs even acknowledge it in this thead :) 

5 minutes ago, grapen said:

Every level has a solution in no powers mode. I've done it and the devs even acknowledge it in this thead :) 

There were potential "solutions", but they required me to kill or get spotted, as I wrote above. So yes, maybe it is possible to complete the game with no powers, but in my case I got stuck in an area that I couldn't exit unless I broke my playstyle. A case like that doesn't exactly scream good design.

42 minutes ago, Sentura said:

There were potential "solutions", but they required me to kill or get spotted, as I wrote above. So yes, maybe it is possible to complete the game with no powers, but in my case I got stuck in an area that I couldn't exit unless I broke my playstyle. A case like that doesn't exactly scream good design.

I finished the game with 100% ghost and 100% pacifist on no power mode. It is designed to be solved that way. You don\t have to like the game, I'm just giving credit where credit is due :) 

Edited by grapen

9 minutes ago, grapen said:

I finished the game with 100% ghost and 100% pacifist on no power mode. It is designed to be solved that way.

What i'm referring to is that I got stuck because I choose an initial path that lead me nowhere despite leading to a separate area, then basically closing the door on me once I went in. I get that you did something different, but that's not the point here. The point is getting stuck and having to get out by breaking playstyle in a game that rides on the mantra that every playstyle is possible isn't a situation that should happen. Even in the case that there was one specific solution for this type of playstyle, is almost not enough, because a game like this needs multiple ways to get through areas with multiple playstyles. If you have just one way of getting through with one specific playstyle then it's basically linear gameplay. I get that you experience with the game was positive, but that doesn't mean mine magically gets better with you telling me about it.

But I do have one question: By pacifist, does this mean you didn't perform any nonlethal takedowns whatsoever? I did complete the first few missions with ghost, but I had to do nonlethal takedowns in some situations to avoid getting spotted or use certain paths - again something I would have liked to avoid, but didn't seem possible.

Just now, Sentura said:

But I do have one question: By pacifist, does this mean you didn't perform any nonlethal takedowns whatsoever? I did complete the first few missions with ghost, but I had to do nonlethal takedowns in some situations to avoid getting spotted or use certain paths - again something I would have liked to avoid, but didn't seem possible.

No kills at all. Except mosquitoes. Those fuckers doesn't count :)

Sleep darts and generally just hiding in high up places. There are a lot of ledges and stuff that I imagine most players never even see.

Edited by grapen

17 minutes ago, grapen said:

No kills at all. Except mosquitoes. Those fuckers doesn't count :)

Sleep darts and generally just hiding in high up places. There are a lot of ledges and stuff that I imagine most players never even see.

Right ok, but you had to use sleep darts or knocking people unconscious (as in, nonlethal takedowns) to get through

19 minutes ago, Sentura said:

Right ok, but you had to use sleep darts or knocking people unconscious (as in, nonlethal takedowns) to get through

You trying to beat the game without even using darts? I think you'd need some serious OCD and patience to do that lol, but it sounds feasible.

I think you're trying to use a way to play this game that it's not very fun and you're blaming the game for it. The game allows you to do that, but let's be honest even tho I'm sure the game was designed to let you do that, if you're not having fun doing it just play the game differently. I always do this in these kind of games (deusex, dishonored, etc) I start out sneaking then eventually I amassed such a bad-ass arsenal on me it'd be a shame not to use it! xD