To be fair is not the most common film 🙈 I like the genre and never heard of it.

Now that I've seen the trailer though, can say you've done an excellent job :)

Edit sorry for stupid mobile auto-correction

Edited by blackdog

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

To be fair is not the most common film 🙈 I like the genre and never heard of it.

Now that I've seen the trailer though, can say you've diver an excellent job :)

I can imagine because it took me nearly a decade to get it. It wasn't sold here, importing meant region lock (back in the day), I couldn't find it on torrents or newsgroups and it wasn't until a re-release late last year that I finally got my hands on it. 

Sure, I could have imported it later on, but I'm not going to spend that money on something without knowing if it's good. 

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

I saw news of the demo as well; a bit worried if that means they're not making the sales they expected :/

The user reviews were quite harsh on PC, I personnally think I'll buy it tonight, but I know some people were thrown off by the technical issues. On metacritic, it is rated at 86 by reviewers and something like 6 by users because it ran poorly at first. That may have hurt their sales, and they figured they should put a demo and a sale to get back the people who wanted the game, but didn't bought it at launch because of technical issues and then forgot about the game.

Tried the demo. It's pretty fun, but reminds me of Deus Ex: Human Revolution a lot, in that it's a good game with some really frustrating fiddly bits. Probably the worst for me is the menu design: The text field constantly pivots back and forth when reading books and letters, which is migraine inducing (please tell me there's some way to turn this off?), and there's no extra keys for different menu screens, so if you want to check your map, for example, you have to hit J to open the mission objectives, click the Notes and Lore tab, click the Maps sub-tab, and THEN click the map you want. 

edit: Also I found multiple visual bugs where you can see outside the world in Mission 2, like boardwalk planks with white nothingness between the boards, or a crack between two bookshelves with the same white void peaking through. Feels weird for a game that's been out for months and received multiple patches.

Edited by Jetsetlemming

I can't recommend this game enough. It's got some very creative level design and beautiful environment art, while also having one of the most re-playable SP campaigns I've played in a long time. Three levels is a pretty decent chunk of free content for this type of game. This game is at its best when you try to go out of your way to play creatively, because of the emergent nature of its systems. I think you should play it like a sandbox game. If you just play safely and don't experiment, I think maybe the game will get boring? (But if you've played other Arkane games, you probably already know this.)

My biggest problems with the game are that the characters/story overall felt a little flat and the inconsistent framerate hurt the fluidity of the game at certain parts. Also, something about the movement felt "chunky" compared to DH1. They may have addressed the performance by now, I always see updates pop up for the game.

I wish they had something like a weekly/daily challenge or something to encourage more experimental gameplay, but as of right now playing creatively is its own reward.

I was hooked on the game once I watched this:

Edited by nikkoship

Bought this during the sale, I must admit I waited a bit for patches and updates to fix some of the issues. I'm a huge Dishonored fan so I've been dying to play it.

I am currently just an hour in or so and it feels really cool, however I am very disappointed with the performance. I play on medium and these settings make the environments look very flat and even then I feel my framerate is very choppy. :( I've got a Geforce 780 that can handle the likes of Battlefield 1 and Doom with ease.