[WIP] De_selva

Quotingmc

Huge Update!

A Site is nearing completion with cover ready to be fully tested.

Bombsite_A3.thumb.jpg.8b2b1395bd33e8edb0Bombsite_A4.thumb.jpg.e562d79b65ea2a1974

Bombsite_A5.thumb.jpg.578e8ae20fb27b298f

T to A is now planned out.

T_to_A.thumb.jpg.b62d69d6ea42fc967a4cdad

On the other side of the map, B is now far more like a jungle and the site has been given its first cover.

Bombsite_B.thumb.jpg.4b911c5cc4e245512ba

T to B has had some small changes, again to remove the ice and bring in the jungle.

T_to_B.thumb.jpg.105f168833789814c2c8dd3

T_to_B2.thumb.jpg.ea7414be5861d0911b50fa

Workshop link is now also in the thread so why not try it out! Any feedback welcome.

I'd avoid putting vegetation in the middle of an area by itself. CSGO tends to play better when foliage is on the fringes of gameplay. If you actually want cover there, but a box down first and then have the plant next to it if you must have it at all.

Vegetation is very easy to overdo (de_orion), and use imporoperly, so be careful.

I'd avoid putting vegetation in the middle of an area by itself. CSGO tends to play better when foliage is on the fringes of gameplay. If you actually want cover there, but a box down first and then have the plant next to it if you must have it at all.

Vegetation is very easy to overdo (de_orion), and use imporoperly, so be careful.

​I have had a look in game and it in no way reduces visibility, you can easily see the player and standing in the middle is fairly dumb anyway. I will look into moving it elsewhere though :)

New Update:

Nothing is final and there are many unclipped areas. There may also be some lighting bugs. This version is not currently on the workshop.

Added a section to B site to enclose it a little and add some cover for both teams.

Bombsite_B2.thumb.jpg.f09b357e278879553d

Added a fence to close off one side of fence. Should allow for an easier T take and hold with less long angles.

Bombsite_B3.thumb.jpg.9848cd7347737fc4a0

Bombsite_B4.thumb.jpg.72aed690fa88a355a1

Main entrance to B for T's has also been reworked slightly.

Bombsite_B5.thumb.jpg.352ebc60f91e9a5a2e

Bombsite_B6.thumb.jpg.0a8e2f31886883be6a

Added a garage at the back of site to add some new details

Bombsite_B7.thumb.jpg.aeee01da7f585d51a9

Bombsite_A6.thumb.jpg.a92c4b56c9827a5806

Routes into site. (Top for T is via mid)

Bombsite_A7.thumb.jpg.1ab68fee4c1da43d6d

NOTE: The map seems a lot darker in these screenshots than in-game.

Edited by Quotingmc

Why did you change the mid from the last thread "WIP.playtest" or something similar, I don't really see what you gain from it.

​I was going to type a detailed reply but just to clarify, what specifically are you referring to? The removal of the underpass to the warehouse? Or the current construction in general in the mid area? Keep in mind that area is not finished, in fact it has hardly been touched as far as cosmetics.

​Good looking out, rest assured that wasn't placed there with the intentions of it being the final design. Honestly, I've thought about deferring all foliage props to outskirts / above player height in general so, we'll see how the props and cosmetics play out closer to map completion.

• 4 weeks later...