jackophant

de_strada

Greetings all,

As we will be unable to submit Strada for the competition in a complete enough state we are officially withdrawing. The map will still be completed, but outside the scope of the contest.

Good luck to the rest of the participants, and may Hurg smile upon you all.

Oh well. Still have high hopes for this map for a future operation. Any new screenshots? :D

Looks great so far. I already see that you're going to use some custom textures, but are you going to use any custom props? The map seems filled with stock assets right now. Also, it may be just me, but the lighting seems a bit off. 

Looks great so far. I already see that you're going to use some custom textures, but are you going to use any custom props? The map seems filled with stock assets right now. Also, it may be just me, but the lighting seems a bit off. 

We have no current plans involving custom props, but that doesn't mean we're ruling them out. My personal view is if the props we need are already available, why reinvent the wheel?

What do you mean by the lighting being off? Some props won't have been lit correctly due to incomplete optimisation as part of a semi-detailed map, but we're also trying to experiment with a more dusky lighting effect. Right now the 2D skybox may make things feel a little strange compared to world lighting.

We have no current plans involving custom props, but that doesn't mean we're ruling them out. My personal view is if the props we need are already available, why reinvent the wheel?

What do you mean by the lighting being off? Some props won't have been lit correctly due to incomplete optimisation as part of a semi-detailed map, but we're also trying to experiment with a more dusky lighting effect. Right now the 2D skybox may make things feel a little strange compared to world lighting.

Yeah, I think it may be the skybox not really fitting with the actual lighting. Also I think its a tad bit too orange. And about the props - it just makes the map feel fresh and unique, instead of feeling like someone just made Inferno 2. You don't need to re-invent the wheel, just make a box and add a new crate texture onto it or something.

Edited by Wrakk