jackophant

de_strada

I love how simple it is. If Mirage and Dust 2 had a baby this would be it and my favorite maps are Dust 2 and Mirage. Only thing i don't like there are so many gay corners that CTs can abuse. I would have diagonal walls where they are so they are not so useful.

The 2 playtests were pretty good, even if the layout is very simple it was effective.
But I just think that the layout is a bit too generic, it could be applied to any kind of environment since it doesn't really use geometry aspects that are uniques to 1 environment. So, don't lock the layout too soon, be open-minded about it when you're gonna detail all this. I mean, if you want, it's just my opinion.

Right now it's fairly bare walls with a theme suggested at by props, and very limited architecture because we're really trying to nail gameplay. Are you suggesting we put more architecture into the map to set it's theme better?

Routes that are currently fairly squared off sections of ramps will be staggered stairs separated by displacements for example. We've had to expand the map a bit as the size became an issue with the 10v10, and no one likes easy flanking. Our battlefronts often took place right on the T side of a bombsite or even deeper into T territory than we would have liked.

Our battlefronts often took place right on the T side of a bombsite or even deeper into T territory than we would have liked.

​Yes I agree the first contact points are off. delaying CTs by a second should fix it for both bombsites.

Edited by P1g3oN

de_strada_d2 now live!

We're working on a few more changes, especially to mid, but this version has addressed a lot of the size and speed issues from before.

We won't be publicly playtesting this particular version, but it's not far from what will be.

PSA: Bell has been disabled :P

Shiny new B site:

ssx86kM.jpg

Edited by jackophant