[WIP] DE_STGELLERT

Hello Mapcore!

Our map have a long history of development. It was released initially back in 2014, but never got into operation Vanguard.
Valve said in their feedback, that the layout has to be changed into a more simple state.

We spent the past half year by making definitive changes to reach a well balanced competitive play. 
When the deadline of Bloodhound got near we saw the map is playable, but never thought this is an all polished gameplay.

Simply we ran out of time to playtest it more.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403493445

=================================================================================================================

=================================================================================================================

-Aug 19th

-On July 23th we released the update and held a test.

Name change: To prevent confusion and to dissever new developments.
Drastic layout changes: Aimed to fix vertical difficulties in gameplay, to redesign middle combat and to implement more fun options to players.
Compatibility fix: Servers now able to run the original and this version successively without errors, because the  content of the map has been separated by path names.

Edited by r.man MMXV
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My only concern is it's not a fair contest, time is a factor - it will discourage people from starting from scratch if people can enter almost finished work? 

I don't think the intention is to add pretty much finished maps in for the contest, still, obviously the map looks very good indeed    

I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest, on one hand it is completely legitimate to submit this, but on the other hand it feels like you will eventually get into an operation because I get the

Not sure how I feel about this, seeing as you even received feedback straight from Valve and it's basically finished...

But, rules say no operation approved mappers, so good luck I guess! You'll be waiting a long 3 months to hear results :P

Edited by jackophant

Well it looks very pretty but it's so over complicated it's unreal. If this is the simplified version...

You could probably removed 1/2 the rooms and connectors and still have a big map. I think you should be focusing on reducing the map to what it needs rather than having every possible pathway.

I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest, on one hand it is completely legitimate to submit this, but on the other hand it feels like you will eventually get into an operation because I get the feeling that is what valve was trying to push with giving you feedback, that and you having worked on this for such an incredible amount of time incl having 21k workshop subscribers it feels like that doesn't fit the criteria of unknown people trying to leave their mark in the cs community since you alredy have such a big one left behind with such a map, just my 2 cents

Our map have a long history of development. It was released initially back in 2014, but never got into operation Vanguard.
Valve said that in their feedback, the layout has to be changed to be more simple. 

We spent the past half year by making definitive changes to reach a well balanced competitive play. 
Valve didn't provided more feedback for us since, so we hope that Mapcore can help us to get more results how we can improve it.

​Hey man, I've seen your map on the workshop and always thought it was pretty great. It's good to see you entering here, and makes me wonder what other more well known maps will show up.

I have a question for you though, when you got feedback from Valve, did they contact you or did you reach out to them?

Thank you everyone for expressing your thoughts towards our entering!

We don't wanted to ruin fair competition here at all, so let me say what i think why Gellert maybe isn't such a fearsome competitor:

The fact it's visually pretty much finished brings a time penalty on us, because you can change a rough shell faster than an all detailed scene.
Secondly, if you saw FMPONE's GDC presentation about CSGO level design theory, and if you look at the layout of Gellert you know the map still have problems related to verticality.

If everybody still thinks this entry is wrong, maybe We can leave and think alternatives. Let us know.

Edited by r.man MMXV

​Hey man, I've seen your map on the workshop and always thought it was pretty great. It's good to see you entering here, and makes me wonder what other more well known maps will show up.
I have a question for you though, when you got feedback from Valve, did they contact you or did you reach out to them?

​Hey! I think it's not normal to receive feedback from Valve on a project, but because of the circumstances they gave us one. And yes they contacted us via workshop.

Edited by r.man MMXV

​Hey! I think it's not normal to receive feedback from Valve on a project, but because of the circumstances they gave us one. And yes they contacted us via workshop.

​Wow! Seems like they really think your map has potential then. Good luck!

Edited by not-a-ninja

Well it looks very pretty but it's so over complicated it's unreal. If this is the simplified version...

You could probably removed 1/2 the rooms and connectors and still have a big map. I think you should be focusing on reducing the map to what it needs rather than having every possible pathway.

​I agree, this is the aspect we could still work on.

​I agree, this is the aspect we could still work on.

​Could I suggest you rename this new build while you're at it? De_Gellert or De_Hotel sounds a lot more 'counterstrike-eske' in terms on naming.

It would also separate the old build of the map from the new one so people approach with a fresh perspective.