Sign in to follow this  
Baggle

Feedback please

so this is my first attempt at a "real" map, others than ones to mess around in with my friends. i have been tweaking the layout of the A bombsite for a few weeks now and have it how I like it now, so i started adding some detail. 

I know that I have gone with the generic Inferno theme, but personally i like a warm cosy map rather than cold clean one (i know its an unpopular opinion :P). i am looking for feed back on the aesthetics of the map, please be picky and tell me anything that you think that's wrong, no matter how small or large it is. 

BONUS , I have also included a screen of the current B bombsite layout, it atill needs a few tweaks to play better, bu if you see anything that stands out a s bad for game-play please let me know.

2015-05-29_00001.jpg

2015-05-29_00002.jpg

2015-05-29_00003.jpg

2015-05-29_00004.jpg

2015-05-29_00005.jpg

2015-05-29_00006.jpg

2015-05-29_00007.jpg

2015-05-29_00009.jpg

First thing I thought is that the shadows are too strong as I missed the B bomsite tag at first glance because of the tree casting it's shadow on it. The lighting is rather intense and sterile as well. I'd personally remove the tree over the B tag or do something to make it more clear because of the strong shadow casting over it. remember readability is very very important for a CS map and most CS:GO maps fail at this miserably in my opinion. You've got a good foundation to work off of though, good stuff!

First thing I thought is that the shadows are too strong as I missed the B bomsite tag at first glance because of the tree casting it's shadow on it. The lighting is rather intense and sterile as well. I'd personally remove the tree over the B tag or do something to make it more clear because of the strong shadow casting over it. remember readability is very very important for a CS map and most CS:GO maps fail at this miserably in my opinion. You've got a good foundation to work off of though, good stuff!

thanks for the quick reply! but ​yea, at times it can be hard to spot a player model straight away in certain areas, especially on the raised walkway at the back, i put a few white boards against the wall to help, but more still needs to be done throughout the site. as for the shadows, do you think that changing the angle of the light will help, e.g have the central tree's shadow cast onto a roof or some where else?  

I'd definitely try playing around with the lighting more. Usually having it casting straight down onto the ground with such an intense brightness that the lighting currently is isn't especially advisable. Play around, lots of light values available to try and tweak. I would be more focused on filling the rest of the map out first however before you start thinking about serious lighting though.

What strikes me from the screens is that the map seems to sit on a completely flat surface. You can easily break up the floor/grounds with a few sets of steps here and there, raising some buildings up or down a bit (I don't mean taller buildings, but elevate or lower their base).

Also create some clear rout using different floor textures, the open grounds are very alike, there's no path to guide the players.

And adopt more explicable title ;)

Edited by blackdog

I made a few changes to the map, mostly changing the lighting and making a few areas more readable. i changed the angle of the light and brightened up a few dark areas. as far as verticality goes, i plan to make changes to the terrorist spawn. 

its been uploaded to the workshop now if anyone wants to have a run around. i am aware that it is too dark, but like dux said i am more focused on filling in the rest of the map before really having a sit down and getting the lighting sorted.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=444543318&searchtext=keith

... and also i need to think of a name :P