de_ map, don't have a name yet WIP

laminutederire

Hi everyone, this is the first real map I've created and the second project I worked on, as of now map is playable, and before detailing, I think it is wise to have feedback about the layout, this is why I post this here!

Here's the workshop link with 20 screenshots approximately, don't know if I should post these here too though :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449848578

Thanks in advance!

map1_v4_radar.jpg

2015-05-28_00016.jpg

Edited by laminutederire

These are just connectors like in houses in inferno, I thought it wouldn't be very disturbing since actual action is not supposed to happen there, and also because you can go past in 2 seconds, but I'll try and widen these. I do want some precision about bombs it's, so as to understand better what I should modify or if I will better off rethinking the whole thing

It looks like a DOD map...

Just by looking at the overview, I have no clue how to attack any of the bombsites with only 5 dudes. Or how the hell do you get 5 dudes onto the bombsite without being taken out by a single guy with an AWP.

​I hope that when playing it it seems more obvious how you can play the map (top bombsite might need some work, hence the question marks). Arrows shows how I intented it to play.

For your other concern, I tried to force Awper to be sniping at exposed spots, like it is "high risk high reward", so it can be put down easily if he is alone. I am however open to suggestions on the matter of how doing this correctly

map1_v4.jpg

Edited by laminutederire

Yes...

i mean if your'e looking at inferno apts for the excuse of thin paths, that's not enough. Look at middle, alt middle, heck even banana! They are all wide enough to pull off nades and have a fair firefight. If it ever happens.

Edited by Muffin

I know but not all paths are narrow, I thought that since narrow passageways disfavor snipers, it could be interesting to balance their vantage points by forcing them not to camp because if they do they would be at a risk. But I may be wrong though. I do have to thank you, between the two screenshots I do prefer a lot more the latter :)

I am however open to suggestions on the matter of how doing this correctly

​I'm no rulebook, and I don't play a lot of CS:GO (or any games really), but I think 1 wide open path and 1 narrow/smaller path is a good baseline... Just look at most bombsites in the competitive maps, there is usually one wide and one narrow from the T side, and there is probably a reason for this.

Major changes, layout-wise but mostly visually, I tried to reshape the layout in regards of previous feedback, hope it is better. Also I do want to know if the visuals have improved in the good direction, appreciated to have some feedback :)

here's the link for screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/NaDom

the link to the map is in the first post :)

thanks in advance!