MR_R3TR0MAN

de_port_go (remake of original de_port)

Honestly I think it's got too many areas at the moment. Port was a big enough map as it was but you've added more areas..

What are you doing exactly? You could have addressed the above in a single reply :S

postcount ++

What are you doing exactly? You could have addressed the above in a single reply :S ;)

I cry a little inside thinking about optimising this map.  St.Mary map also had this same issue with framerate. Not sure if they solved it since then but worth checking the level out/asking in this thread:

Have you converted much of your brush work to func_details?, no draw textures etc on hidden faces besides area portals and skip/hint brushes.

unremarkable player helped out Untor with optimizing St Mary. There was a lot of room for improvement and he did a great job at it.

We were looking at the optimisation of this one yesterday. I think a lot more func_detailing (you have some but nowhere near enough) and hint/skips is a good place to start when you're happy with the layout- IMO You could probably lose a lot of the interiors for a better playing map.

The map seems to be covered in trigger brushes too? Is this the case of showtriggers_toggle playing up or is it actually covered in triggers?

Also func_lod and occluders can help a lot to optimize the level. Hint/skips are great, but mostly don't make a lot of difference in such open maps.

You have to consider for a big openned map to reduce the number of visleaves. More visleaves in open space increase a lot vis calculation time ingame (and also compilation time). load your portal file in hammer to see if you can do something. (you can use viscluster and hint to clean stupid automatic leaves) If you need explanation I can help.

(you can use viscluster and hint to clean stupid automatic leaves)

Just to clear this up: Visclusters don't alter the vis, it just tells the compiler that the containing leaves can see each other, speeding up compile.