Star Wars Battlefront

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly dont know why people are so upset. They have rebranded it as a multiplayer game, so what? Do you really need a thousand maps to feel validated in your purchase? Dota 2 has one map and I'm c

Yeah, jesus christ. That was a pretty infantile comparison website. But what do I know, maybe the number of maps is the most important thing. Maybe I should change my design philosophy.

http://www.eastarwars.com/I think this is the site that you are referring to. Posted on /r/pcmasterrace/ earlier.

And on the previous page? Hence my comment. :P

Fucking hell, I'd much rather have 12 super polished maps than 33 unpolished to fuck ones. Jesus christ, some people are imbeciles. Pretty pathetic comparisons really, more of stuff does not = more fun. As well, levels and models etc were much quicker to make back then as everything was so basic... 

Fucking hell, I'd much rather have 12 super polished maps than 33 unpolished to fuck ones. Jesus christ, some people are imbeciles. Pretty pathetic comparisons really, more of stuff does not = more fun. As well, levels and models etc were much quicker to make back then as everything was so basic... 

R-circle-jerk%20-%20Imgur_zpswg2lklf8.gi

Yeah, jesus christ. That was a pretty infantile comparison website. But what do I know, maybe the number of maps is the most important thing. Maybe I should change my design philosophy.

Well honestly, I'm not a big fan of internet bashing on companies, but that comparison speaks for itself : in ten years of new tech and design, they aren't even filling 1/5 of what BF2 was.

No Campaign ? Fuck it, BF were coop couch games where you played with your best friend 2 versus a shitstorm of bots !

Speaking about maps, I understand that it requires more work to have a decent level than back in 2005. Not really a big deal. At least for any other company, but EA is well known for sucking people wallets with over stretched DLCs...

I was really hype until they released some info about what's in and what's missing. Now i have the strong feeling this game of my childhood will be another Battlefield. I just hope i'll be proven wrong at E3 when they'ill reveal some gameplay footage :D

I don't think it's completely fair to wave it away like that. Take an average consumer. Give him 2 choices. One is Battlefront 2 with a ton of maps and space battles. The second is the reboot, with only a handful of maps, no space battles and an extensive DLC plan aimed at getting more money out of your wallet. Graphics aside, that's a no-brainer for basically everyone. 

Now, I'm not hating on the game. But it doesn't take a lot of imagination to get where they are coming from.

I honestly dont know why people are so upset. They have rebranded it as a multiplayer game, so what? Do you really need a thousand maps to feel validated in your purchase? Dota 2 has one map and I'm closing in on 2000 hours played.

When are people going to understand that it has never ever been about the amount of content, but the quality. Give me one multiplayer map that works instead of a thousand shitty box maps. If the game is fun you are going to buy it. No matter if its 1 level or a thousand.

Edited by Skjalg

I honestly dont know why people are so upset. They have rebranded it as a multiplayer game, so what? Do you really need a thousand maps to feel validated in your purchase? Dota 2 has one map and I'm closing in on 2000 hours played.

When are people going to understand that it has never ever been about the amount of content, but the quality. Give me one multiplayer map that works instead of a thousand shitty box maps. If the game is fun you are going to buy it. No matter if its 1 level or a thousand.

You are absolutely right. I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying I can understand where the average consumer is coming from.

The funny thing is that in virtually every popular multiplayer game I've played, no matter how many maps are available people tend to gravitate towards just a few anyway — and servers accomodate by running those maps 24/7. Does having 10,000 vehicles make for a more fun game that 10 or less really well-balanced ones?

Maybe they shouldn't have called this Battlefront, because I think it's causing fans of that franchise to become too attached to what existed before. For people like myself who never particularly liked those games but would love a really good Star Wars multiplayer romp that's along similar lines to Tribes, Battlefield, PlanetSide, etc then what DICE is doing with the new Battlefront looks excellent.

It's not going to be possible to please everyone, sadly. Lots of people will be buying this game because of DICE's involvement alone, and they have certain expectations too.

As Sprony and Thrik said, would you still call a car a car if you remove wheels, steering wheel and the engines ? Because i would call this a piece of junk metals.

It's not much about the numbers of maps, really. It's about WHY THE FUCK CALL IT BATTLEFRONT IS THERE IS NO BATTLEFRONT IN IT. They should have named it "Starwars Battlefield Hardline" . At least i wouldn't have expect anything from that title.

Yet, i still hope i'm wrong and that they really based BF3 on SWBF games. Trully part of my childhood.

Edited by Em'
  • 4 weeks later...