Muffin

de_cetza

Daymn, this looks nice. Bodd approved.

Yay a compliment!

Are there any layout issues though, or problems you see? Not really, I just love the double angles you can take everywhere, makes it exciting to hold and to attack. The spawns is also great, because you have clear indications of where to go, it just looks great that way. I would have to try it 5v5 for a couple of times before I could give you anything more than that. Should I step it up, finish the clipping, make a better skybox, and then submit for a playtest?

Make floors and walls different textures for the playtest, will be much easier on the eye, but yes, you should do a playtest. 

I would stick with it if that's what you want to make.

there's ton of references out there -

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=aztec+ruins&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=-2QuVcamOo-p7Aax4oDIBA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

remember you don't need to stick to just 'aztec' either. DE_Aztec was more Mayan than anything

Another mapcorian is currently trying to make an "aztec" map without obvious references. As with all of those linked pictures, they are all crumbled buildings that were once taller with large amounts of grass around them. I really don't think the theme lends itself to counter strike gameplay at all.

Small mediterranean towns and business/industry areas are so popular because they naturally lend themselves to what is required. People can get creative ofc, but naturally built up / inhabited areas are just easier to work with. I don't think the guy is working on de_meso anymore (Am I mistaken, is there another guy?) but anyways. I was thinking of making something similar to ruins, with aztec textures but a nice jungle theme. Edit: Another thing is the Italy/inferno/overall populated houses with European area architecture is getting pretty overused. Most maps turn out either with the generic cache like warehouse, or Italy like houses... Besides, I want to do something "new"

Yes it's true I've stopped working on DE_Meso, because I just got a full time job as an art teacher, and so far my weekends have been quite busy preparing an entire curriculum for the rest of this semester, so I won't have time to focus on mapping for a long time at least, which is sad but even more than level design I love traditional art, so I'm really happy about that.

I can give you my .vmf  if you want to have a look, not that I think you'll need it, but I find that it's always interesting to see how other mappers go about making their maps.

I would stick with it if that's what you want to make.

there's ton of references out there -

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=aztec+ruins&biw=1920&bih=979&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=-2QuVcamOo-p7Aax4oDIBA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

remember you don't need to stick to just 'aztec' either. DE_Aztec was more Mayan than anything

Another mapcorian is currently trying to make an "aztec" map without obvious references. As with all of those linked pictures, they are all crumbled buildings that were once taller with large amounts of grass around them. I really don't think the theme lends itself to counter strike gameplay at all.

Small mediterranean towns and business/industry areas are so popular because they naturally lend themselves to what is required. People can get creative ofc, but naturally built up / inhabited areas are just easier to work with.I don't think the guy is working on de_meso anymore (Am I mistaken, is there another guy?) but anyways. I was thinking of making something similar to ruins, with aztec textures but a nice jungle theme. Edit: Another thing is the Italy/inferno/overall populated houses with European area architecture is getting pretty overused. Most maps turn out either with the generic cache like warehouse, or Italy like houses... Besides, I want to do something "new"

Yes it's true I've stopped working on DE_Meso, because I just got a full time job as an art teacher, and so far my weekends have been quite busy preparing an entire curriculum for the rest of this semester, so I won't have time to focus on mapping for a long time at least, which is sad but even more than level design I love traditional art, so I'm really happy about that.

I can give you my .vmf if you want to have a look, not that I think you'll need it, but I find that it's always interesting to see how other mappers go about making their maps. No thanks I don't need the vmf. But good luck with your job!

Edited by Muffin

I've been doing lots of work too de_cetza and i've made it ready for a playtest. The google drive is here, if you cant open it, please tell me :)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_k0UFdYr2LcUXR3ZGJsUmxtY00/view?usp=sharing

Nav file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_k0UFdYr2LcTHItbzdNa3dnUGc/view

The IMGUR picture album is here: http://imgur.com/a/zTo1C

Edited by Muffin

Made a ton of changes, although some might not be good at all ._.

A: Added another path, and raised height of T side A. Added a crevice to fall through and DIE!!!

B: Simplified B, made the paths more simple and isolated

Middle: CT sided = gone!

Underpass: CHanged from displacement to Stairs.

IMGUR ALBUM: http://imgur.com/a/zTo1C