Demolitions

de_raid [csgo wip]

This is just a map for fun really. It might become it's own map later on, but for right now it's just practice for me. It's NOT to scale completely, and NOT an exact copy. I closed off some routes to make it more accessible for csgo. I'm still working on de_event, i've just hit a road block, and wanted to do a map for fun though I might make it for Double Action when I am done,. Still early and rough bsp work:

raidmid_zpspyd7i3lb.png

raidpool_zpsvqyuea89.png

2015-04-11_00004_zpsun8r7yng.jpg

2015-04-11_00003_zpsjwsdzzbv.jpg

What routes are you blocking off? I would assume the side paths near both spawns, but I don't know what you're doing. I think if you make some small adjustments it could actually work well as a defuse map, as it is a really good map just in the shit show of Cod. A's probably the easiest to adjust, just maybe block out one T pathway, if you think about the terrorists starting at the Garage area while B's probably way harder to make. I don't know, good luck!

Looks awesome, I don't care if it's a remake!

I suggest you use brighter ambient and lighting settings (white) and set the skybox to anything else than sky_dust.

Maybe add some reflective properties to the textures and It's going to look awesome.

Looks awesome, I don't care if it's a remake!

I suggest you use brighter ambient and lighting settings (white) and set the skybox to anything else than sky_dust.

Maybe add some reflective properties to the textures and It's going to look awesome.

Still need to yank the normal maps out of bo2, burbut thats for later. The lighting is juat copied from dust2 for now. Was thinking the militia_hdr skybox. Something California dry summer feeling.

With the new Phong feature you can totally make this map look like BO2, make sure you don't post it on Reddit otherwise people will rek you there for the map being a Call Of Duty map.

Add some height variation, replace the red color with lime/aqua color and add flowers. Replace certain structures and you might have a good map!

With the new Phong feature you can totally make this map look like BO2, make sure you don't post it on Reddit otherwise people will rek you there for the map being a Call Of Duty map.

Add some height variation, replace the red color with lime/aqua color and add flowers. Replace certain structures and you might have a good map!

There's a pretty good amount of height variation as is. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the pool side is the lowest point, next in order of height it T spawn, then mid/ fountain side, and then CT side it the highest up. It's about 3 players high from pool to ct. As for the colors I'll think about it. I would like to make an ACTUAL comp map using raid as inspiration. This is just a fun project.

Flowers are still coming ;P