evilcore

help me with one problem (missing textures on the levels)

I decompiled the map de_mirage, but after running it I saw that the textures disappear turning on some parts of the map.

Who knows, how to fix it?

(screen at the entrance to the B house)

post-32585-0-50784600-1428669892_thumb.j

Muffin, if he can decompile the map and then recompile it, it is clearly not corrupt.

Although I have faced this problem several times I don't quite remember myself fixing it. Itt might be an issue with

either leaks OR

area portal not working.

Muffin, if he can decompile the map and then recompile it, it is clearly not corrupt.

Although I have faced this problem several times I don't quite remember myself fixing it. Itt might be an issue with

either leaks OR

area portal not working.

Quote me next time :P

Yes, I noticed that in all the places where the missing textures, are  located area portals. In addition, after several recompilations, these problems disappeared yourself :)

But anyway, thanks for the reply. (Its  strange that your messages were not displayed)

Edited by evilcore

I decompiled the map de_mirage

But you don't want to make "de_mirage_night" or something like this, do you? :?;)

Those maps apparently get more attention than normal custom maps, and people are even asking them to be added to an operation. Seriously? They decompile a map, change the lighting and people think they should get money for it?

Edited by TheGuma

I have not enough experience in this case. I Decompiled the map to see how it looks from the inside. I have never used area portal,clip, no draw, etc textures in my projects. Therefore, So it is interesting to me.  :)

I have not enough experience in this case. I Decompiled the map to see how it looks from the inside. I have never used area portal,clip, no draw, etc textures in my projects. Therefore, So it is interesting to me.  :)

Well, the official maps are usually not very well optimized. In some cases it's better / easier to look at some well made community maps.

Maybe take a look at Skybex' maps, he made the .vmf files public (), so you don't even have to decompile... :)

I decompiled the map de_mirage

But you don't want to make "de_mirage_night" or something like this, do you? :?;)

Those maps apparently get more attention than normal custom maps, and people are even asking them to be added to an operation. Seriously? They decompile a map, change the lighting and people think they should get money for it?

Yeah, I'm really disappointed of the community because of this...

I don't mind if someone prefers to modify official maps than creating new maps.

But it's pretty ridiculous that people vote "dust2 with changed lighting" to #1 and ignore / "dislike" the really good maps.

Well, the official maps are usually not very well optimized. In some cases it's better / easier to look at some well made community maps.

Maybe take a look at Skybex' maps, he made the .vmf files public (), so you don't even have to decompile...  :)

Oh, thank you. I will definitely download these maps and see how they look inside :)

Edited by evilcore