Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

FMPONE

OMG!! This thing looks so good with PBR. The jump from previous installment is pretty step, the materials are much more convincing and there is a lot of detail everywhere (papers, stain, boxes, cables, lamps and the list goes on). It pretty much has the level of detail of that Infiltrator techdemo.

Don't really have time to watch the walkthrough, can't be much bothered after the intro so skipped to a couple of points forward and... well cannot but agree that looks busy. But i'm most baffled by the absence of a visual identity like the previous had the color overlay. Maybe was too much, but this blends into any other sci-fi game.

Plus, still committed to the third-person switch that I don't understand the necessity at all. Please give me the option to play third person or first person, but automatic switch is annoying for what I'm concerned. First person cover is perfectly possible and works great in other games.

It makes me think about the ability I used the most in dishonored. Maybe it was their inspiration? However in the demo ammo and energy were unlimited, maybe it will cost enough energy so that one would have to use very wisely, making it not that much OP?

The blink ability in Dishonored always felt out of place for me. Why would you have a mechanic that let's you skip gameplay? Do you not want to play the game? Granted, I think the Icarus Dash has less problems than a Blink ability, but I can still imagine there will be a fair share of problems with it given it has what seems to be a lot of reach. I'm also not a big fan of the 4 kill-non-lethal takedown, it makes it seem to easy to get ghost. But on the other hand the fact you can switch between augs and weapons is cool, I guess it will be kind of like the Bioshock design which is nice.

• 2 months later...