FMPONE

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Agreed, they did a terrible job there. The ones in the director's cut are meant to be much better though, so I might opt to play that version if I ever replay — although when I last checked, there were some weird lighting changes and stuff that I thought looked a bit shitter? As in, they changed the actual light sources. For example, the mood of Sarif's office was quite different.

[Edit] Oh yeah, this is what I'm talking about:

http://imgur.com/gallery/KpUxf

Agreed, they did a terrible job there. The ones in the director's cut are meant to be much better though, so I might opt to play that version if I ever replay — although when I last checked, there were some weird lighting changes and stuff that I thought looked a bit shitter? As in, they changed the actual light sources. For example, the mood of Sarif's office was quite different.

[Edit] Oh yeah, this is what I'm talking about:

http://imgur.com/gallery/KpUxf

Barely noticeable, but yes, it seems they removed a bit of the piss filter, which is good imo, it was always a little bit too much. I started playing the Directors Cut last week, I'm now half way through and I didn't know or noticed that they changed anything visually.

Hint Hint, for those playing the Diroctors Cut, make sure you turn on the Dev Commentary, it's still completely optional whether or not you wanna listen to them while playing and really fun to hear an insight on how they built those areas, specially for us devs!

I'll be playing through the Director's Cut so I can do the new bosses, but I did love the piss/higher contrast filter to be honest. I don't know if they made it optional, but if they did but I'll be putting it straight back on. :D

Nope, there's no custom graphic options like that on there, sorry. But like I said dude, you wont notice, when you put the comparison above like that it seems obvious but when you play the game you wont.

I have the director's cut, didn't know they had made graphical changes! In the specific video above I do prefer the original version, doesn't even look as filtered as much as it seemed from shots and I even devs playthrough I remember seeing before lunch.

Shame there's no setting… guess they don't have full dynamic lights all over.

You guys are tempting me to play now, while I just installed several games recently, still have to finish FC4, and most importantly try to finish a piece for the contest :-/

Edited by blackdog

Trailer feels like it might have been rushed out at the last minute. Choppy camera work, WIP (presumably) voice acting and a lack of coherent narrative or theme broke the immersion for me. Hopefully this isn't a sign of troubled development.