FMPONE

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

57 minutes ago, Vaya said:

how is the game sans microtransaction shite?

Day 1 DLC. And who can't avoid the save 0% on the deluxe bundle, and why are they selling a controller for an FPS game :o

KOGQPe4.jpg

If I understand your question correctly, in the main menu there's a button named Shop. If you open it, you can buy praxis kit and other kinds of loot. Doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would actually, the design of the game seems unaffected by this.

Maybe I'm a noob who can't play videogames but I had a lot of trouble in the prologue trying to save Simon Singh. In the end I had to switch mouse and keyboard (for some reason I played HR with the controller) and just shoot everyone like it was an FPS rather than trying to go around disabling people using my augs. Was HR this restrictive with power? I can't remember.

I also didn't like how this mission worked. It heavily implies you need to get to Singh to save him, when you just need to run to the battery, and it's kind of strange how this saves him. In fiction there's nothing about this that stops people shooting at Singh, I've just disabled a helicopter, what actually saves Singh is Videogame Logic means a cutscene fires when the helicopter is disabled (by turning a battery off, which is irreversible I'm sure). This probably wouldn't bother me in any other game.

I'm enjoying it, don't get me wrong, and I absolutely loved the previous game. I don't have a problem with the setup, it's perfectly reasonable people will not be happy with augmented people after the freak out in HR, and I think it isn't referencing any particular event (although it is drawing from a lot of them). However, and I must stress I'm not very far into the game (just the prologue), it does seem like the sides are wrong? Augments are tied to money, class and power - yet the opening military pep talk and train station repeated checks seem to be trying to imply they're the oppressed. Really strange, but perhaps it's building up to something.

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

Maybe I'm a noob who can't play videogames but I had a lot of trouble in the prologue trying to save Simon Singh. In the end I had to switch mouse and keyboard (for some reason I played HR with the controller) and just shoot everyone like it was an FPS rather than trying to go around disabling people using my augs. Was HR this restrictive with power? I can't remember.

I also didn't like how this mission worked. It heavily implies you need to get to Singh to save him, when you just need to run to the battery, and it's kind of strange how this saves him. In fiction there's nothing about this that stops people shooting at Singh, I've just disabled a helicopter, what actually saves Singh is Videogame Logic means a cutscene fires when the helicopter is disabled (by turning a battery off, which is irreversible I'm sure). This probably wouldn't bother me in any other game.

I'm enjoying it, don't get me wrong, and I absolutely loved the previous game. I don't have a problem with the setup, it's perfectly reasonable people will not be happy with augmented people after the freak out in HR, and I think it isn't referencing any particular event (although it is drawing from a lot of them). However, and I must stress I'm not very far into the game (just the prologue), it does seem like the sides are wrong? Augments are tied to money, class and power - yet the opening military pep talk and train station repeated checks seem to be trying to imply they're the oppressed. Really strange, but perhaps it's building up to something.

I have to say I absolutely hated the first mission... just power through it and ignore it exists. It follows no patterns or logic of what DeusEx is all about. it's just a contained tutorial level with a simple side quest where you can theoretically do whatever you want, but it's ironically a very restrictive mission. Just, keep playing the game starts when you get to Prague.

As for the end of the level, all you have to do is use an Icarus Strike to (non-lethally) knock out the guard below you as you jump down into the arena, and then immediately crouch and run left. Or, just turn on your invisibility and sprint to the helicopter. Which is a nice reminder of how easy it is to overthink stealth here. If you’re focused on clearing out baddies and collecting loot off of them, you might miss opportunities to make a quick, decisive actions.

I'm actually positively surprised how the game is kicking my ass on future missions, the stealth is much more difficult in MD and you can't exploit the take down moves anymore.

I'm several hours in now and enjoying it a lot.

I like a lot of the decisions I've been making and they feel quite organic. Not shoehorned into very obvious dialogue forks like you would see in, say, Mass Effect. Getting a call on the way to one objective with a conflicting one... stuff like that is cool. I also find myself siding with different people (generally I'm just trying to prevent loss of life even if that means learning less about the conspiracy), which probably means I'll need to speed run it a few times after.

I decided to save Stanik's daughter over getting the files from the bank - which was a tough call because I have another bank key from that murdered aug researcher guy in the side-quest that just randomly ended before and I was hoping I could start that back up. However, then it added HER ENTIRE PLOTLINE to a loading screen tip so the big reveal at the top didn't really work

Also... eh. Gotta talk about it. The augmented being the oppressed still feels strange given the first game almost revolved around your laboratory being blown up for making cheap augs available, and how they were the domain of the rich and powerful because of the reliance on Neuropozyne... Yeah, them all turning into murderers for a few hours is enough for an apartheid plot, but to make them the oppressed instead of the oppressors doesn't really sit right. Every squalor is filled with people with augmented body parts (unless they are sex workers for some reason) and Golem City is really supposed to hammer this idea home, but at the same time the whole fun of the game is augments make you an unstoppable badass. You don't want do be punching down, but it also feels weird to punch up with a fist that's invisible, has a magic hidden blade in it, and is worth millions of dollars. Cake and eat it.

Edited by Taylor

Yeah, take that! Or, rather, don't.

Capture.PNG

Augments seemed off. I had zero power for 99% of the game until I realised I was at the end, ate all my biocells, and walked around invisible dunking dudes with impunity. I did enjoy it a lot, definitely got my moneys worth and some good goose-bump moments (especially the harvester mission), but I think I prefered my time with Human Revolution...

Edited by Taylor

Hasn't even been a month yet, and there's already story DLC out for this game. Not sure what to think about this tbh, specially how narrow and unsatisfying the story of the game felt. This feels like content that belongs in the main game...