[CS:GO] Bourg

Klems

A group of crypto-anarchists were discovered and are now trying to cover their ties to a corrupt organization.

A fast-paced, bomb defusal map set in the French countryside. Designed for competitive play.

The skybox is entirely open, allowing crazy nade to be thrown, and there are lots of very powerful wallbangs. The visibility is good, and footsteps are easy to locate, thanks to the different floor materials added through the map.

Download at Steam Workshop

Lq4kU5v.jpg

830LUYf.jpg

EPKzIHM.jpg

upvGao0.jpg

Edited by Klems

Thanks for the comments ! :)

Moroes: Where? Was it after an alt-tab on Windows? It can cause these issues.

onebit: you're the greatest person on Mapcore right now. The first 2 positions where the bomb is stuck, you can go alone with a trickjump, but I'm wondering if I should put a trigger_bomb_reset on top of it.

Squad: I wanted to schedule a playtest after the release but this month is so busy :(

onebit: you're the greatest person on Mapcore right now. The first 2 positions where the bomb is stuck, you can go alone with a trickjump, but I'm wondering if I should put a trigger_bomb_reset on top of it.

Squad: I wanted to schedule a playtest after the release but this month is so busy :(

go now :) there's lots of spaces now open. 

ALT TAB...you're right ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This map will be playtested on reddit community night in a few hours. Feel free to join!

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/30526u/in_3_hours_eu_de_bourg_playtest_followed_by/

As a side note, I recently added a tower above window, to serve as a landmark and to allow easy smoke throws.

637x358.resizedimage

There's a blockbullet funnel above the window so you can consistently smoke off the window area. All you have to do is aim for the slit, just like your first time!

I'm wondering if the marking will be enough. A secret doesn't stay secret for long in a multiplayer map anyway.

Edited by Klems

That tower looks really cool, dude. Maybe you could "Frenchify" it up a bit, though? Just the map in general.

Thanks! One thing I had in mind is a deudeuche wreck filled with flowers. You can't be Frenchier than that.

037epave2cv03.jpg

But I'm no modeler, maybe if someone kind enough can model it for me? I just need the wreck, I can go with CSGO's flowers.

Even then I'm not sure where I should put it. Maybe in the field behind A? Bombsite A has low enough FPS as it is. It would be a shame not using it in a more important place.

I'll see if I can put more french signs or graffitis.