Shrekmann

Need layout for new map.

If he's really good at making beautiful unique map designs I'll gladly give one of my layouts.

I would like to see some previous work too :)

Hi Shreymann, do you have a portfolio of your previous work you can show us?

I'm sorry to say this is one of my first maps. I haven't published any maps with the new knowledge I have found. I watched a lot of videos and talked to some people such as 3kliks and they helped me learn how to make better maps with better brushwork and such. It would be very helpful if I could get a solid layout, because I feel my maps even with good aesthetics will suffer in gameplay without a well working layout. I thought a more experienced member of the community would be willing to pass down an old layout or any good layout that you would like to see tried in a map, and it would be such a help. Thanks

Sorry bud, but I honestly don't like feel someone is going to pass a layout just for the sake of it. Old layouts are usually bad and unbalanced, good layouts are usually kept so people can make a new map later. I think instead of just "getting" the layout you should start thinking of making your own one. This gives a lot of experience and in the end run you can always change things. This would also give you an idea of what theme you wan't to look for. You can also do a remake! Some layouts like de_contra were played in leagues but the CS:GO versions are ugly and bad. You could do a remake with graphical design in mind. There's also quite a few CSS maps that have good layouts but don't have proper CS:GO remakes - De_Nightfever, De_Russka, ETC. Lastly, you will always be able to playtest your layout here on Mapcore. So don't hesitate starting to work on one, and let us know how it goes! We'll try to help you out as much as possible. That's pretty much all that can be done here.

If he's really good at making beautiful unique map designs I'll gladly give one of my layouts.

I'm sorry to say this is one of my first maps. I haven't published any maps with the new knowledge I have found. I watched a lot of videos and talked to some people such as 3kliks and they helped me learn how to make better maps with better brushwork and such. It would be very helpful if I could get a solid layout, because I feel my maps even with good aesthetics will suffer in gameplay without a well working layout. I thought a more experienced member of the community would be willing to pass down an old layout or any good layout that you would like to see tried in a map, and it would be such a help. Thanks

Nobody's likely to give you a decent layout for training purposes. You shouldn't expect your first few maps to be massively successful anyway as there's a lot to learn so if I were you I'd design a simple arms race map or something.

Nobody's likely to give you a decent layout for training purposes. You shouldn't expect your first few maps to be massively successful anyway as there's a lot to learn so if I were you I'd design a simple arms race map or something.

I think also pathing off this, designing layouts, understanding map flow and basic pen/paper work process's are very important to the overall technique that is Level Designing. I think it would be rather big mistake if you were to skip these process's or not properly learn them. Sure its pen and paper, random sketches, but it gets the creative juices flowing and helps you understand what is needed to get a good level out there.

Source: Pen/Paper process for Graphic Design.

Take an old popular map, remake it, and vaguely give the poor soul you stole it from credit in an attached .txt file like you totally didn't just fucking steal the layout from him or anything.

Edited by Erratic

Guys be nice to the OP(Original Post(er)

The first map I ever made was crap. It was a 3 lane very smushed map that didn't play well. But I had fun! What I suggest doing is just starting on your own. Do whatever your heart desires and make it, that way you will begin to learn how to make good CS GO maps.

If you do need a layout though, look at Dust 2. It has a middle, 2 bombsites, 3 main bombsite entrances, and connectors into middle. Study this layout, for it just "works."

Guys be nice to the OP(Original Post(er)

When weren't we nice? Honest question. For my part, if I said anything snarky or rude I apologize!

Well you guys were kind of turning him down. Not like saying, "Oh you suck, go away." But it was more like, I won't help you because you are new.

Well, it is a pretty big favour to ask a bunch of strangers. I'm not surprised he got turned down and I don't think there's anything wrong with the manner in which we did it -- on the contrary, we offered alternative and constructive solutions/explanations.

The layout is pretty much the most fun bit to do anyway. To Learn just try remaking a classic map for source. There's SO MANY that could be remade for CSGO